Let's Play Space Empires V! - UNDER WAY!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Senator Elizabeth Brewster slams down her fist into the table and announces rather clearly.

Kill.
Them.
All.

Purge them down to the man. Glass every world. Through enslavement their legacy will live on. I do not want that I doubt any of you do either. Just snuff out their light in history right here and now.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Aidan, wrong thread.

------------------

"We must strike while still have the upper hand. In a short time, they may find better defenses to our technology. But for now . . . they have marked themselves. Let us enslave them, take their technology, and then destroy them if they rebel.

As to the Cue Cappa . . . we should give them a chance. Make an agreement, hopefully a peaceful one. If they stay peaceful, all will be fine, but if they attack as well . . . they will meet the same fate. For that possibility, let us prepare both a better treaty and a method of counterattack, so we will come out victorious either way."
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Cease fires only breed worse wars. I suspect the Cue Cappa of ill intentions from the start. I do not vote in favor of proposing a better treaty because they will only use it to buy time.

However I am skeptical of immediately destroying them as well. We know not of their actual capabilities just from one fight. If we go to war with them, it'd best be done with caution.

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Zenstar rolls his eyes, reviewing blueprints for ground assault vehicles and dropships before taking a sip from a glass of water and adjusting his hat.

"With all due respect, ma'am, we cannot afford to fight a war on two fronts each with a different enemy. Even if we cannot fully trust them, it is foolish to try to fight them both at the same time. On the other hand, if we can convince them to trust us, perhaps we can twist their arm into offering military aid against the Ukra Tal."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Archimandrite Gardranga steps up once again:

Our current concentration should be on waging a quick and decisive war against the Ukra-Tal. Now that a third party has entered the fray, we cannot stretch our forces, again with a lack of intelligence on the enemy's intentions. Whilst we engage the Ukra-Tal, we should be wary of the Commonwealth but by no means initiate aggressive policies towards it, rather, as the honourable general mentioned, attempt to negiotiate it into lending military or resource aid in the war, or at the very least guarantee that it does not aid the Ukra-Tal in fighting us.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Arcalane wrote:Zenstar rolls his eyes, reviewing blueprints for ground assault vehicles and dropships before taking a sip from a glass of water and adjusting his hat.

"With all due respect, ma'am, we cannot afford to fight a war on two fronts each with a different enemy. Even if we cannot fully trust them, it is foolish to try to fight them both at the same time. On the other hand, if we can convince them to trust us, perhaps we can twist their arm into offering military aid against the Ukra Tal."
I do not recall saying we should immediately attack them either. Do not think that you can paint me a fool senator, I am aware of our current circumstances.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

"Then enlighten me. If we do not hold a cease fire treaty of some kind with them, or any kind of treaty for that matter, then where do we stand? Not exactly an outright declaration of war, but such a situation can easily lead to one."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Arcalane wrote:"Then enlighten me. If we do not hold a cease fire treaty of some kind with them, or any kind of treaty for that matter, then where do we stand? Not exactly an outright declaration of war, but such a situation can easily lead to one."
I'd prefer not to let them believe they are safe from our wrath. And considering their current tech and how badly it mauled one of our ships, unless you have good enough simulation equipment to test against, I'd prefer our ships had live fire experience against these individuals.

Not to mention we've only encountered them entering through one corridor of attack, if they maintain the same then I do not see any issue with keeping them under the heat as so long as we have sufficient forces to maintain that attack corridor.

Of course I did not mention your plan of turning them against them either. That's the only real situation where I can see a alliance of any sort or cease fire, beneficial. Furthermore do we have anything to offer these individuals should an alliance come up, other then not shooting at them.

*Picks up the report on the new race and reads over it again*

Tell me fellow senators. Did this ship fire first or was it lit up first thing it set foot in the system? If the latter I might be a little more willing to cut these folk some slack. Of course there's also the fact to consider that they really shouldn't be scouting with fully armed and operational frigates no?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

"Alien races are peculiar things, Senator. Perhaps they armed them should they stumble across the armed scouts of other hostile races, to have a chance of destroying them before they could uncover sensitive information?"

"We may never know. In other news, training of the colonial defense forces is proceeding well. Initial reports should be available outside of the armed forces soon, and images are already being released via the media."

Utilizing small five-man teams, Gyesmyd Colonial Security Forces train constantly, preparing to defend against enemy incursions.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

dawn of war, huh? lol...
Keira Taltos wrote:Although it seems foolish to attack the opposition with the few ships that we currently possess, I can say from first-hand experience that our weapons are truly the strongest that we should expect to find for quite a while. The Cue Cappa have done no wrong, yet... and i do not believe that we need a reputation for making the first blow. We should not, however, let them do whatever they wish. Negotiating a cease fire with them seems prudent, and should be sufficient for now. We can aim for more later as we wish.
As to the Ukra Tal... I find it hard to believe that those low lifes pose any chance of mounting a resistance against us. Enslave them all... using them, we soon should be able to bring fear into all eyes.

The more compatriots I have in the years ahead, the happier I will be
-Keira Taltos, Captain of the newly refitted GSe Lightstriker.
Last edited by lightstriker on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Senator Taltos, you don't want to establish a reputation of striking the first blow yet you don't mind if we establish a reputation of slavery? That seems a bit counter-productive no?
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Senator?

Keira Taltos wrote:The slavery will come later, hopefully after we have formed alliances. Yet what else would you have us do with those people after their defeat? they have killed over 120 million colonists, and by the time we are finished, they will have killed more. This war will be remembered as being started, not by us, but by them. Slavery is far kinder than genocide, which, by striking the first blow in this war, they have asked for. And by not striking the first blow, we will avoid doing the same should worst ever come to worst, and we must hope for the kindest treatment from those who have defeated us.
-Keira Taltos, Captain of the newly refitted GSe
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Normandy once again rose to his feet.

"These new Cue Cappa could be of use to us - but we must show them who is the boss. Do not allow them to disrespect our treaties as the Urak'tal have. Force them into submission, and they shall be valuable vassals in upcoming wars."
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Sylen stood up, again.

"Just. Enslave them. We need the economic benefits."

"The Cue Cappa however...Their ships must be analyzed. Whether we are to ally them or not, we will need the data on their ships so we can devise counters should it boil down to war."
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Senator Brannigan stood up.

"We don't know anything about their race, history, or culture, but one thing's for sure. They stand for everything we stand against. It is imperative that we eliminate or enslave them all."