Let's Play Space Empires V! - UNDER WAY!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

*Senator Elizabeth stands and cracks a wicked smile*
What did I say about the Cue-Cappa? What did I say? That their attempt at a cease fire was half-hearted? That they was not to be trusted? And here we are with a victory over what was clearly an attack by them.

I don't think I need to say more on that subject, my stance is clear and so is my statement. Decide how to act on it at your leisure.

As for our choice. I choose that we attack the Ukra-Tal as soon as possible and wipe them out. I believe it'd be better to break their backs and their skulls before taking out their pathetic terrorists.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Economy. Senator's currently recharging, so no speech. my apologies.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

With the state of the economy in such ruin... Though I wholeheartedly respect the views of my fellow senators, a war is not run on the backs of men, it is run on their pockets and their stomachs. Blind perseverance can only bring us so far! We need to fortify our own systems both militarily and economically so that we have a stable base from which we can strike out at any empire wishing to do us harm!
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Lizzie wrote:*Senator Elizabeth stands and cracks a wicked smile*
What did I say about the Cue-Cappa? What did I say? That their attempt at a cease fire was half-hearted? That they was not to be trusted? And here we are with a victory over what was clearly an attack by them.

I don't think I need to say more on that subject, my stance is clear and so is my statement. Decide how to act on it at your leisure.
To be fair to the Cue Cappa, Senator Elizabeth, we rejected their initial Non-Aggression Pact, and then aggravated the situation further by placing a large attack force in the Mazrim system, which they evidently consider to be a great affront to them. Once GSw DoubleThink has completed its sweep of the system, the Task Force will likely withdraw back into the Achird System, and perhaps once the Cue Cappa have had time to let their heads cool, they will be more amicable. Let us not forget, also, that we have destroyed many of their ships that intruded upon our space, and they have yet to cause us any direct threat. The Ukra-Tal are clearly a much greater concern, having slaughtered nearly 200 million innocent Forumite civilians to date.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

General Alicante slowly rose to his feet.

"While I want these Ukra'Tal scumbags vaporized ASAP, I do not think it's wise to attack now. Sure, there is a possibility of charging and destroying them, but what if we fail? Should it not go as planned, we would have nothing to fall back on.

I say we wait and rebuild our economy. Once we're stable, we can tear those sons of bitches apart limb by limb."
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Anna wrote:
Lizzie wrote:*Senator Elizabeth stands and cracks a wicked smile*

To be fair to the Cue Cappa, Senator Elizabeth, we rejected their initial Non-Aggression Pact, and then aggravated the situation further by placing a large attack force in the Mazrim system, which they evidently consider to be a great affront to them. Once GSw DoubleThink has completed its sweep of the system, the Task Force will likely withdraw back into the Achird System, and perhaps once the Cue Cappa have had time to let their heads cool, they will be more amicable. Let us not forget, also, that we have destroyed many of their ships that intruded upon our space, and they have yet to cause us any direct threat. The Ukra-Tal are clearly a much greater concern, having slaughtered nearly 200 million innocent Forumite civilians to date.
Yet their not showing any efforts to stop hostilities themselves. Clearly they have no interest in being out friend.

However their a threat to be delt with another day. We still need to purge the Kura-Tal from the galaxy before anything else.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Senator Uriel, a veteran politician who hadn't said much untill now, stood up an raised his hands.

"Patience, my fellow councillors. Patience. We cannot win, or even fight, a war with our economy so crippled. What we must do is build, not destroy. Our industry needs a new infusion, and the governement must supply this if we are to survive. New technology needs to be researched, but I believe the public, and thus the nation, will benefit more from the raising of their payments and the lowering of prices on primary requirements than from a new long range missile system.

The conflict with the Cue Cappans is a mistake. It should have been evaded through diplomacy and communication, not bartering in and setting up a military presence in the Mazrim system. Disregard of other species will only lead to our downfall.

On the matter of the Ukra-Tal. I am not likely to say this, and I regret having to do so. But in the light of so many deaths, I believe decisive retaliation is our only option.

However, if we are to engage in conflict with the Ukra' Tal, we must be certain that we understand their reasons of acting. What do we know about how they think? Very little. Their reasons for this slaughter are largely unknown. The death of 200 million would result in the death of our race if we are to engage them in battle without preparation. I advise going to war, but we must remain cautious."

The Senator looked around the room, and sat down again.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

short form because ModPhys homework is nuking me

Economy revival, we don't want to collapse and fall into debt and that wonderful stuff. We can defend ourselves during this time.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Trek decided not to reply to General Zenstar's berating, partly because a petty squabble was the last thing the senate needed right now and partly because he figured what he had said about outranging the enemy would stand up on its own merits... Contrary to what Zenstar had said, his contention was that range was more important than speed, not the other way around... Then again, perhaps Zenstar was not even referring to him when he began talking about speed... All the more reason not to bring it up again...

Either way, he decided to put in a quick word about the current situation...

"Err... If I may?" he stood again. "I... I'd say we should put economy first... General Alicante is right, what if we fail if we invade and we have nothing to fall back on? That's my vote..."

He quickly sat back down again...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

Senator Ravus:
Our nation cannot afford to start a war with the Cue Cappa, not while still fighting the Ukra-Tal. I suggest negotiating a ceasefire with them, hopefully they will accept. If not, we may have to cease attacks against the Ukra-Tal and fight a defensive war while attempting to revive our economy, unless our current defensive fleet is already enough to fend off attacks. In any case, if our economy collapses, we will be completely vulnerable to attack from either side and, in effect, doomed.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

2404.3:
Following the most recent vote, several construction processes were put on hold and the Troop Transports GSt Atrum-b and Aidan-b were mothballed, to save resources on maintenance. Our scientists inform us that we're one step closer to Planetary Shield technology, and we have begun construction of colony ships, as there are at least two more planets in the Achird system which are suitable for domed colonies. Sadly, we lack the ability to expand into other systems, due to the extra defense ships that would take, so we've started research into faster, more efficient mining techniques as well, in the hopes of off-setting the economical troubles we've been having. In more troubling news, the Cue Cappa have sent us an official declaration of war. Fortunately, our ships are capable of holding our borders against anything short of a full-scale invasion fleet, which we are quite confident will not be mobilised against us. The GSw DoubleThink took damage flying through an electromagnetic storm, and was ordered back to Achird I for repairs.

2404.4:
Despite the construction of a new radioactives mining facility on Achird II, our economy is still failing, and it's getting worse. Several more construction cues are put on hold to prevent further strain on our rather limited resources. Little else to report. All's quiet in the Mazrim sector, although Ukra-Tal and Cue Cappa ships are flying about in abundance, they have yet to attempt another attack. Fortunately, the supply-ship accompanying the fleet in that system carries enough solar collectors to be able to keep the fleet fuelled almost indefinitely.

2404.5:
Another two radioactive mining facilities were built on Achird II, but we're still suffering a loss. Still, things are looking up. A new colony ship finished construction, and was sent to colonise Achird III, a rock planet in the Achird system that presently lacks an atmosphere, so the colony will need to be domed. Nevertheless, it is better than nothing.
The colony ship is slatted to arrive in early 2404.6. After finishing some advances into better point defense systems, all our research funding is presently going into more efficient mining and farming techniques. Still no attacks from the Ukra-Tal or the Cue Cappa. It seems they may have learned not to attack our borders, at least.

2404.6:
The cowardly Ukra-Tal have done it again! Another act of sabotage, this time on our garrison on Rukbat system, where we had been building and training powerful ground-based attack forces for conquering their worlds. Roughly 100 of our advanced battle tanks were destroyed in this act of sabotage, with only three managing to avoid destruction. Our economy should get a boost soon, with extra facilities being built on Achird II and the new colony on Achird III. As it is, loss has largely stopped. Soon, we should be economically strong again, and then we can focus on conquering the Ukra-Tal. Hopefully soon we will be able to expand, and construct Intelligence Facilities so as to counter-act these blatant and cowardly acts of terrorism.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Senator Sylen:
First I suggest we stamp out these terrorists. THEN the Ukra-Tal.

We need to fix up the economy first, before it crashes spectacularly.

Oh and, goddamnit, 100 tanks gone? *Grumble* Paperwork.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Zenstar finally takes a moment to speak, having been dealing with electronic paperwork. "Initial reports from the surviving members of the intelligence corps suggest that the terrorists were actually Ukra-Tal agents, rather than outright terrorists. How they could manage to get a team of operatives onto our planet is currently unknown, but they may have slipped in with civilian and merchant traffic using a stolen ship. Either way, it is obvious that they are willing to employ less-than-honourable tactics... though I do not find this at all surprising."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

General Alicante jolted up in a burst of rage.

"So, those little sons of bitches want to play rough, eh? They want to be big boys? Well, we can play this game, too! As soon as we have a somewhat stable economy, I suggest rending them limb from limb, piece by piece, ASAP! Decimate them, burn them all, leave nothing behind."

He took a few deep breaths.

[OOC: The first part is best read with an angry Antonio Banderas-voice.]
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Senator Uriel;

It is clear by now that we will not be able to surprise the Ukra-Tal with our retaliation. I vote that the construction of Intelligence bases becomes absolute priority before we move on. As I have said before, we know very little of our enemy. We must learn more if we are to prevent such events from occuring again.

The fact that the Cue Cappa have sent us an official declaration of war is not surprising. We aggrevated them enough, we would have done the same. All we can do now is either use diplomacy, or fight a war on two fronts. I leave the choice in the...undoubtedly...capable hands of our generals.

[OOC; FYI, Uriel has this Bra'Tac kind of voice and way of speaking.]
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush