Let's Play Space Empires V! - UNDER WAY!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

General Zenstar casually throws his dataslate to one side, sending it skidding along a desk and disturbing several drinks as well as one or two of the less vigilant and alert members of the council.

"The xeno scum had their chances, and threw them away. It is obvious now that, despite their initially good intentions, they were merely using them as a guise to close in on our colonies in the intent of slaughtering innocent citizens."

He adjusts his greatcoat, shooting a series of glares at the surviving members of the Engineering, Diplomatic and Intelligence Corps before continuing.

"Now they have tasted blood I doubt they will stop, even if this is merely an anti-'xeno' faction within their own military. They must be stopped by any means necessary."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

2402.8:
Thanks to new advances in hull and weapons technology, we have designed an upgrade for the Explorer-class Frigates, with additional armour and a more powerful weapons load-out, and the GSe Lightstriker was ordered to return to Gyesmyd to be retrofitted, only to discover a single Ukra-Tal frigate blocking the Warp Point back into the Rukbat system.
This is most unfortunate. The Lightstriker remains in orbit around Achird I, along with the rather meagre defense grid. There is good news, however. Scientists inform us that within a month or two, our research into plasma weapons technology will be complete. With this new edge, the Ukra-Tal will be powerless against our forces. The first of the Excess Firepower is the Solution-class Missile Frigate will be finished within a month, too. Their time is coming. Our generals are formulating a strategy that should result in the complete extermination of the Ukra-Tal. In a manner of speaking.

2402.9:
The first Excess Firepower is the Solution-class Missile Frigate (Or EFitS, as it's occasionally called), is launched from Gyesmyd, dubbed the GSw BoVinE. It is eager to test itself in glorious and most importantly victorious battle against the Ukra-Tal, but they unfortunately seem to have left our sensor range. It travels immediately to the Achird system, eager to shed some Ukra-Tal blood. Our research into Plasma Missile weapons is finally complete, as well. Future versions of the EFitS will have their Nuclear Missile Loadout replaced with the more powerful Plasma Missiles. The GSe Lightstriker is sent ahead to search for Ukra-Tal ships, with its more advanced sensor package, and spots a lone Frigate sitting on the warp point into Ukra-Tal space. Gentlemen, we have found our target.

2403.0:
The Ukra-Tal appear to have fled before the GSw BoVinE could reach it, but no matter. BoVinE moves to wait in orbit around the Warp Point, ready to shoot down any Ukra-Tal vessels that may attempt to invade our space, while our forces continue to grow. GSe Lightstriker is at this point sent back to Gyesmyd for retrofitting. At this point, our scientists began research into more advanced physics, hoping to find the key to making shielding systems and energy weapons. Little else of note happens.

2403.1:
A second EFitS-class Missile Frigate, loaded out with the new plasma missiles, completes construction on Gyesmyd, and is quickly named the GSw Chiiro. As the GSe Lightstriker enters Rukbat on its way to be retrofitted, its scanners pick up a Ukra-Tal frigate, waiting just outside the sensor range of our planet's defense grids. And thus, the GSw Chiiro has its first objective. The Chiiro and its crew launch and move to attack the Ukra-Tal frigate.
The filthy xenos didn't stand a chance. With our new plasma missile technology, their ships couldn't even get within range. After this excellent demonstration of the Excess Firepower is the Solution-class Missile Frigate's abilities, it is decided that for the time being, such ships will comprise the bulk of the Fleet's firepower. Dedicated repair and resupply vessels are also designed for support.

Ladies, gentlemen, that is all we have to report for now, but I have an important question. Our generals have formulated a plan, one I strongly support. It will take more effort and manpower, but in the long run, it may prove more beneficial to us, and an even more humiliating defeat for the Ukra-Tal. Instead of depopulating their major homeworld, we believe we should lay siege to their most populated world (estimates predict a population of 4 billion Ukra-Tal), and drop large amounts of ground forces. Instead of destroying their homeworld wholesale, we shall conquer it, and enslave its filthy xeno inhabitants!

As I said, however, this plan will require more time to put into action, and more resources than a mere outright destruction would. So the choice is yours, gentlemen. Cast your votes now, and determine the final fate of the most hated Ukra-Tal Collective.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Senator Sylen:
"Obviously we should enslave them for the benefits to our economy. Then we should deport them from their homeworld, leaving a few billion there, and make an example of those few billion. Cpt. Altreus deserves, at least, that much."
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

General Zenstar surveys the after action report of the GSw Chiiro's first combat and then looks up, placing the slate on his desk.

"I must admit I was skeptical about the plasma warhead missiles at first, but the xeno's reliance on biological ship systems obviously their downfall in combat." He makes a sinister chuckle at the thought of the superheated plasma incinerating ship and crew alike. "No matter how we look at things, outright extermination and enslavement are logistical issues. I, for one, would rather see every last one of them purged with cleansing flames and to have the whole thing over and done with, although I have no doubt that some of our more... zealous... friends would rather see them suffer a slow and agonizing death."

He pauses and adjusts his greatcoat, brushing some invisible piece of fluff off of it.

"Either way, so long as those responsible are brought to justice for their crimes, both outcomes are acceptable."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Manifold1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Manifold1 »

Senator Sejilus stands up.

"Those plasma missiles worked great, yeah? So, lets fit all our ships with them, yeah? Those bastards attacked us, so its time to return the favor. Full steam ahead, I say!"

He seems a bit flustered for a few moments, and sits back down, much to the applause of the surrounding senators.
RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

Senator Ravus:

'Enslavement will cost far more resources than outright destruction, but we will gain a planet that has already been invested in, without having to ship over equipment or people. I strongly support sending down ground troops'.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Winston jumped to his feet, this time remembering to come forward so the chair stayed in one place.

"I don't really care whether you enslave or eradicate them. I do, however, insist that whatever we do with them, we take their stuff when it's all over. Free stuff is good."

With this he sat down again, and pulled another soda out of his neighbor's head.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

Enslave them all and send them to a prison planet.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Archimandrite Gardranga steps up, beaming with excitement:

Clearly the xenological threat have no clue as to the principles of negotiation, and so it is with pride that as Joint Military Commander I will send our ground forces to take the vile Ukra-Tal planet and enslave the filthy scum, so as to teach their pathetic empire a lesson of the way the Forumites conduct proper war! With the honourable council's agreement, I will approve the Ground Army Generals for immediate siege force formation with full mobilization as soon as possible.
Last edited by Exethalion on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

General Alicante rose, and for the first time in a while, spoke.

"Those bastards deserve to die a horrible death, just as our men have done. However, I could see some sort of benefit in having... more resources.

I say, execute the scumbags. Then loot their planets."

He sat down as abruptly as he had risen.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

2403.2:
A single frigate belonging to another alien species, who call themselves Cue Cappa Commonwealth, attempted to enter the Achird system through the Warp Point guarded by the GSw BoVinE. It was destroyed, and BoVinE itself suffered little more damage than some scrapes to its armored hull. Mere days later an Ukra-Tal Colony ship attempted to pass through the Warp Point, and was similarly slagged. It is unfortunate that it couldn't be taken in one piece. No doubt their colonising technology would be quite useful to us. GSw Chiiro moved to guard the Warp Point into the Bellatrix system also. Now our space is more or less secure. Our armies grow. Our technology advances, and we shall soon dominate the Galaxy. We are wary about contacting these new xenos, the 'Cue Cappa', as our intelligence indicates they have a Non-Aggression Pact with the Ukra-Tal, and may be similarly minded. GSe Lightstriker's retrofit is completed, and the vessel now has armor plating and a single Plasma Missile launcher. It should be more than capable of handling any small threats it encounters in the future. The GSw Manifold is launched from Gyesmyd and waits in orbit, until construction of the task force is complete.

2403.3:
The Ukra-Tal sent a second colony ship through the Warp Point into the Achird system, but this time, we were able to disable it but not kill it, as planned. All its engines are destroyed, more than half the crew of the ship are dead, it has no weapons, no engines, and no defense.
We intend to leave it sitting there, derelict, until we are able to retieve it and haul it back for research. The GSw Swamp Fox is completed construction also. Our fleet grows more powerful every day. Also, the Ukra-Tal have at least sent an official declaration of war, no doubt embarassed by our recent victory over their forces. Plans begin to recolonise Achird II.

2403.4:
The Ukra-Tal try a different tactic, and attempt to invade Rukbat directly through the Bellatrix system. Their plan was foiled however, the GSw Chiiro shot down the frigate mere seconds after it passed through the Warp Point. The Cue Cappa Commonwealth contacted us, requesting a Non-Aggression Pact, which would forbid attacks in neutral systems and. Thanks to the Ukra-Tal, we have found that such treaties are quite flawed, however, and intend to reject it out of hand. Perhaps a more appropriate alliance can be formed at another time. GSw Hades completed construction, and remained waiting in orbit around Gyesmyd, along with Manifold and Swamp Fox.

The vote onto how to deal with the Ukra-Tal, Enslavement or Extermination, is still up to vote. Also, I would like to hear what your thoughts are on the Cue Cappa Commonwealth, gentlemen. How should we respond to them? Their initial intrusion into our space seems to have been a mistake, and they seem willing to let it slide. Shall we ally ourselves with them, keep them at a distance, or wipe them out also?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

Enslave the Ukra-Tal and keep the Cue Cappa Commonwealth at a distance.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Manifold1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Manifold1 »

Sejilus returns from his coffee break, and shouts into the room:

"Enslave them all, I say! Make them suffer, as they made... us... um..."

He trailed off, seemingly at a loss for words. He sits down, shaking his head.
Hege
Commander
Commander

Post by Hege »

Personaly, I'd say enslaving the Ukra Tal could be handy if it will be profitable. If it won't be, then they should be just exterminated.

When it comes to Cu Cappa, better keep a little distance but also see if you can get some ally connections with them. They could possibly turn out to be nice allies if you are lucky.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/ddoxt0.gif[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

General Zenstar seems mildly surprised at the news of second contact already. The cluster is a busy place, obviously.

"The Cue Cappa could prove valuable allies in the war against the Ukra Tal. I suggest that what remains of our Diplomatic and Intelligence corps get up to spec on Cue/Ukra relations and perhaps start drafting a treaty that isn't quite as flawed as before" He shoots another glare at the diplomatic corps. "Aid, be it economic or military, will no doubt be highly useful in the coming months."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ