Let's Play Space Empires V! - UNDER WAY!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

Senator Ravus:

'Many died the last time we contacted an alien species, we must not let that happen again'
'The Cue Cappa, however, may have friendly intentions. I suggest that we try to negotiate with them, yet keep a large military force on standby should they turn hostile.'
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

At this point the senator from the Grand Duchy of Zotac stood up and made a statement for the first time in the proceedings.
"I personally would like to vote for waging war after we finish off the Ukra Tal. However, I feel the need to remind this entire council of the wisdom of ancient Forumites. When you have defeated an enemy, either make life under your rule so great that they would never think of leaving or kill every last one of them. Ancient Gyesmynd saw how letting your enemies survive can be a mistake, when Rothysia's resentment of the terms of the Treaty of Endine ended up being a major factor in the outbreak of second world-wide war."
Last edited by Grath on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Grath wrote:At this point the senator from the Grand Duchy of Zotac stood up and made a statement for the first time in the proceedings.
"I personally would like to vote for waging war after we finish off the Ukra Tal. However, I feel the need to remind this entire council of the wisdom of ancient Rome. When you have defeated an enemy, either make life under your rule so great that they would never think of leaving or kill every last one of them. Ancient Earth saw how letting your enemies survive can be a mistake, when Germany's resentment of the terms of the Treaty of Versailles ended up being a major factor in the outbreak of World War II."
As a note, we aren't humans, and we don't live on Earth. :? Our species is "Forumite", we live on a Rock planet with a Hydrogen atmosphere, and our homeworld is called "Gyesmyd".
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Anna wrote:
Grath wrote:At this point the senator from the Grand Duchy of Zotac stood up and made a statement for the first time in the proceedings.
"I personally would like to vote for waging war after we finish off the Ukra Tal. However, I feel the need to remind this entire council of the wisdom of ancient Rome. When you have defeated an enemy, either make life under your rule so great that they would never think of leaving or kill every last one of them. Ancient Earth saw how letting your enemies survive can be a mistake, when Germany's resentment of the terms of the Treaty of Versailles ended up being a major factor in the outbreak of World War II."
As a note, we aren't humans, and we don't live on Earth. :? Our species is "Forumite", we live on a Rock planet with a Hydrogen atmosphere, and our homeworld is called "Gyesmyd".
Leave him alone. He needs to regurgitate what he learned this week in history class.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Anna

Post by Anna »

2403.5:
The GSw DoubleThink is launched, and the attack forces of the fleet are completed, however, we still need to wait for the troop troop transports, supply ships and repair ships, so all the ships remain waiting in orbit. Construction of a new Colony Ship is started on Arrich I, with the intention of reclaiming the barren wasteland of Arrich II. Other than that, there's nothing to report. Things have been quiet. A little too quiet. We expect the Ukra-Tal may be planning an attack of their own, but we will be ready for them, if they do.

2403.6:
The GSw Chiiro shot down another Ukra-Tal colony vessel trying to enter our space. It seems they still haven't learned their lesson. In other news, our research into advanced physics has been quite profitable. Our scientists believe they have discovered a way to create energy based weapons and also shielding. We will still need to research the most effective ways to develop the technology, but that won't take nearly as long. Little else of note occured.

2403.7:
Disaster! The Ukra-Tal attacked again, this time in larger numbers than we were prepared for. Three heavily armed frigates came through the Warp Point into the Achird system. The GSw BoVinE was caught off-guard by their rapid assault and was shot down before it could even bring its missiles to bear against them. Shortly there after they moved to attack the GSe Lightstriker, which was able to keep them at range and pummel their hulls with its weaponry, but scored no kills. Afterwards, they began moving towards Achird I, which now has a population estimated at 666 million Forumites. The attack force on Gyesmyd was mobilised, and GSw DoubleThink, Swamp Fox, Manifold and Hades were sent to intercept the Ukra-Tal fleet before it could reach Achird I, but it seemed doubtful that they would make it in time, so the crew of the GSe Lightstriker made the noble decision to attempt to fight off the larger group of dedicated warships, in the hopes of delaying them. It fared well, but unfortunately got too close. Sensor logs indicate its hull succumbed under the combined firepower of numerous multi-kiloton warheads. Let us hope, for the hundred and millions of people on Achird I, that this sacrifice was not in vain.

2403.8:
The Task Force didn't arrive in time. The Ukra-Tal Frigates attack Achird I, but fortunately, were delayed thanks to the small Missile Defense Grid operational there. One of their frigates was shot down before the satellites were destroyed, and only 33 million confirmed casualties have been reported. Then the task force arrived. A second frigate was shot down, while the third and last Ukra-Tal frigate fled, only to also be chased down and eliminated. Achird I began producing a full-scale defense system, consisting of five ground-based Missile Platforms and twenty upgraded defense satellites. They should be complete by 2404.8, or sooner. After determining that Achird I was secure, the Task Force moved to defend the warp point. A single Cue Cappa Frigate was detected, who no doubt slipped through after GSw BoVinE was shot down. The Task Force chased it down and dispatched of it -- unwilling to trust xenos within our territory after the most recent incident -- before moving to secure the Warp Point. It will still be some time until we're fully prepared to invade Ukra-Tal territory. In the mean time, however, a newly constructed colony ship was sent with some twenty-million Forumites to reclaim Achird II, more than a year after our colony there was wiped out at the hands of the Ukra-Tal.
The sights the colonists found there were not pleasant. The ruined remains of cities, the decayed corpses of millions of men, women and children. We had held out hope that some had survived that initial attack, but we have yet to find a single survivor from the attack last year. Still, our colonists rebuild, and raise a large memorial statue on the planet. Never Forget, Achird II. 2402.4. It is a year we will make sure the Ukra-Tal remember for the rest of their miserable existences.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

Senator Ravus:
'Thirty-three million... thirty-three million lives have been lost because we failed to produce adequate defenses and will you look at the state of our economy and my hairline now and *gibber**gibber**gibber*....'

Aide:
'Please excuse him, he forgot to take his happy-pills this morning.'
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

I take back what i said previously about enslving them and now say kill them all.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

*Senator Elizabeth stands and points her finger in some general direction in front of her*

I said kill them all. I shall say it again. PURGE THEM TO THE MAN!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

"And the women and the children." Zenstar adds helpfully, followed by a grim chuckle as he adjusts his hat.

"The GSe Lightstriker fought well, and valiantly given the odds it faced. May they be remembered as some of our Empire's Finest in the years to come. The people of Achird I were fortunate, even with the losses we sustained. I am sure, however, that they will feel that it is more prudent to finish the new defense grid. Once it is in place, then ceremonies can be held for those innocent people lost to the xeno threat."

"I have already submitted a review of planetary and warp point defense tactics, and with better preparation and ship positioning I believe we can easily and significantly reduce losses to incoming hostiles."

"It may also be viable to place missile satellites around the entry points. A scattering small clusters of them covering the warp from each direction would confuse attackers and possibly split their attention."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

short form due to homework overload

@ Convince/coerce Cue Cappa into aiding us, if not then move to eliminate Ukra-Tal before changing focus
@ Attempt to convert Ukra-Tal citizens to our side as manual labor or something similar
@ Attempt construction of larger ship classes? Possibly useful as C4ISTAR vessel
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

"I like the idea of a missile defense network of satellites. They are cheap, unmanned, and can be easily produced en masse.

However, I suggest that it is time to begin delving deeper into Urak'tal space. Build fast, lightly armed ships which can penetrate deeply into their space, scouting out any other systems they may have begun to colonize. It is imperative for us to make sure that they do not gain the upper hand militarily, or even more importantly, economically."
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Anna

Post by Anna »

2403.9:
Our research operations progress smoothly, with developments in shield technology and larger hulls being among the most promising. Our attack fleet warped through the warp point in the Arrich system, that the Ukra-Tal had been invading through, but found nothing of note on the other side, a system called "Mazrim" with little in it but a small, bright white star, a large plasma storm, and an Ukra-Tal frigate waiting nearby.
They remain at the warp point for the moment, guarding it. Little else of note occurs.

2404.0:
Thanks to our research into energy weapon technology, we have now developed Anti-Proton Beams. These weapons are significantly more potent than the primitive railguns we had been using, but still less effective than our plasma missiles. We will continue to research until we develop a more viable weapon. Our research into Shield Technology has revealed that soon we may be able to develop planetary shield technology, something that could be of great use in any future xeno attacks. Research into standard beam technology is ceased, however, in favour of researching more advanced physics, in the hopes of unlocking High Energy Discharge weapons and Phased Energy Weapons capable of passing through shields.
GSw DoubleThink and a single supply ship split off from the rest of the Task Force guarding the Warp Point, beginning the process of fully exploring the Mazrim system and doing a full sensor sweep. It now seems doubtful that the Ukra-Tal homeworld is located here, but there was a small colony of some 39 million that the DoubleThink moved to destroy. It launched a large squadron of fighters. Fortunately, the DoubleThink, lacking anti-fighter weaponly, managed to flee, then resumed scanning the system, uncovering two warp points to unknown destinations. A dedicated anti-fighter ship is planned. News at 10; President strongly denies all accusations of temporal device testing, despite widespread feelings of deja vu. In other news, we have sent the Cue Cappa the request to form a loose Alliance, as well as a request for them to declare war on the Ukra-Tal. Let us see how that goes.

I have sent General Zenstar detailed information about our forces and the outlying systems. I'm sure he will be able to explain it all too you quite clearly.

(Sorry for the lack of updates, haven't been feeling too well, lately.)
Quality Control Enforcer
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

General Zenstar nods and takes the stand, holodisplay behind him projecting some schematics and data regarding the new shield generators.

"First off, technological report. Early simulations for the shielding are promising. Shields automatically regenerate between battles, and thus do not require repair ships unless the generators themselves are put out of commission. The generators are heftier than some might like, but I have no doubt they will be worth it in the long run."

"These new anti-proton beams were met with much skepticism at first, and alone they are a fairly... ineffective weapon, if highly accurate."

"However, they truly shine when complimenting our plasma missile warships when using a combined arms doctrine. The beam warships employ heavy armour and shielding,"
the General presses a button, and the display switches to a short recording of a simulation of two destroyers engaging a small fireteam of Ukra-Tal frigates, the camera rotating to provide the best view points as various icons and lines indicate projectiles, times to impact, and so on and so forth, "and act as a kind of shield for a prototype missile destroyer. The Ukra-Tal warships have, in all our simulations (using what we know of their tactics), chosen to ignore the armoured destroyer. Normally, this would be a cause for concern, but the armoured destroyer is, at this point, right on top of the frigates whilst the missile destroyer is maintaining maximum range as it launches missiles at the Ukra-Tal ships, who are hopelessly chasing after it."

"The end result is that the missile destroyer can dispatch of it's targets as they try to fire upon it with little accuracy, and the beam destroyer can fire upon them with little concern. Thusly, two destroyers can tackle four of their frigates by our calculations, and perhaps more depending on terrain. This combined arms engagement is highly effective against Ukra-Tal warships. Additionally, the beams are so accurate we do not have to expend additional space on a dedicated targeting array for them, freeing up hull space for additional armour, supplies or even weapons."

The general presses another button, and the display flickers momentarily before changing to a map.

"If our scientist's estimations are correct, we are on the outer edge of our galaxy. Rukbat, our home system, is highlighted by the box. The circles mark our own influence, the white stars mark sectors we have no ships in, and the crosshair marks a sector which known hostiles reside in. The lines mark warp links, and lines leading off into nothingness indicate links to other systems that have not been discovered - we know that the warp point is there and which general direction it goes in, but not what is on the other side."

"On to diplomatic matters. Intelligence suggests that, whilst the Ukra-Tal and Cue Cappa hold a minor treaty at current, the Cue Cappa hold a... dislike of the Ukra-Tal. The situation between them is obviously unstable, and could be destabilized to our benefit and the Ukra-Tal's loss."

"You have all been sent information regarding the Excessive Firepower class and the new point defense class. Peruse them at your leisure."

ImageImage

The General then steps down and returns to his seat.
Last edited by Arcalane on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Arcalane wrote: Rukbat, our home system,

FUUUUUUUCK LOOK OUT FOR THE THREAD
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

just curious, are maintanence costs every single turn or some larger period of time (and yes, I know it's probably every turn, just confirming)