The Large Hadron Collider, what do u guys think?

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

Deltaflyer wrote:Even if a black hole had formed, it would not have consumed the earth. It would have probably done anlot of damage to the facility, but a black hole cannot consume an object of equal or larger mass. For example, If a ball weighing 4 kilograms hit a black hole the size of a blade of grass, the ball would dissipate the black hole, not the other way around. Therefore, the doomsday theroies were totally unnessesary and were started by attention seekers and ghouls.
Your ship building skills are decent.

Your grasp of science is not.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

I thought the dumb thing broke down recently anyway. :|
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Its what my science teacher told me, take it up with him lol
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Deltaflyer wrote:Its what my science teacher told me, take it up with him lol
No, not "take it up with him lol". We're not going to go find your science teacher and debate quantum physics with him. :?

A black hole can and would swallow the whole planet. End of story. Whether or not the LHC will make a black hole in the first place is up for debate (to some degree at least, but please don't try it here).
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ChaosTheory wrote:
A black hole can and would swallow the whole planet. End of story. Whether or not the LHC will make a black hole in the first place is up for debate (to some degree at least, but please don't try it here).
A micro blackhole? In time but by the time the thing sucks up the planet we'll probably be settling on other worlds by that point.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Lizzie wrote:
ChaosTheory wrote:
A micro blackhole? In time but by the time the thing sucks up the planet we'll probably be settling on other worlds by that point.
If there is a black hole, and it doesn't fizzle out first, it would probably zoom around in the Earth's core for a few years. then it would hit at least one atom, swallow it, and then its rate of size increase is a simple logistic function until the entire planet is sucked in. At that point, there would be no planet left, but anything in orbit (junk, ISS, satellites, etc) would stay there until its obit decayed towards or away form the black hole.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

There's something about quantum physics that makes everyone think they're an expert. Do not believe anything you are told about quantum physics, unless the person telling you is actually a... quantum physicist.

IIRC, none of you are quantum physicists. None of you would even qualify as physicists. No, completing high school physics does not make you a physicist. I would appreciate a non-discussion of things like these. They only lead to pain and suffering...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Though I know very little about quantum mechanics, I've heard that the envrionment the LHC creates in which the atoms are collided is actually less conducive to creating a black hole than the environment the RHIC creates... That's just what I heard..
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Normandy wrote:There's something about quantum physics that makes everyone think they're an expert. Do not believe anything you are told about quantum physics, unless the person telling you is actually a... quantum physicist.
True . . . but in this instance, I (at least) am merely paraphrasing the articles I've read on what would happen in the case of a black hole. It's not like it's a new topic of discussion or anything.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Anna wrote:21st of October is when they start collidin' the protons. It'll be awesome.
Nope; it broke. 1 ton of helium leaked out, so it'll be next easter when they can try again.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Da_Higg wrote:
Anna wrote:21st of October is when they start collidin' the protons. It'll be awesome.
Nope; it broke. 1 ton of helium leaked out, so it'll be next easter when they can try again.
Note that I made that post before that occured. I was aware of it. Quite disappointing, I must say.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Normandy wrote:There's something about quantum physics that makes everyone think they're an expert. Do not believe anything you are told about quantum physics, unless the person telling you is actually a... quantum physicist.

IIRC, none of you are quantum physicists. None of you would even qualify as physicists. No, completing high school physics does not make you a physicist. I would appreciate a non-discussion of things like these. They only lead to pain and suffering...
Meh, take it easy. Atleast it wasn't that strangelet crap.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Da_Higg wrote:
I wish I could've been there to hear the squeaky voices. ^^

"The light, Caroline, stay away from the light!"
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »