Which one do you belive, Evolution vs Intelligent design

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Intelligent Design vs Evolution?

Evolution
61%
Intelligent Design
13%
Both, they aren't mutually exclusive
18%
Neither
2%
Wut's that? I'm Jedi, and life comes from those little mittocondriae
7%

Total votes: 56

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The next time I hear someone wants to teach "Intelligent Design" theory in Science classes at schools, as an alternative to Evolution, I think I'll inform them about the "Hammer Head" theory. I think you guys will like it.

It goes something like this: The next moron I see trying to plant god inside a school book, I'm going to plant a hammer upside his fucking head.

No, it's not my line. It's still true, though.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

That's rather harsh, Seraph.

A reason why I'm opposed to having it taught in science class is because the Intelligent Design theory is a very weak theory, and furthermore it does not properly uphold the established conventions of science.

Additionally, it implies the existence of a divine force, and divine omnipotent beings have no place in a science class.

You know what other 'science' is currently in this position? Cognitive Science. Except cognitive science is making progress into a real, hard field of study instead of spending all its time deflecting criticism.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Yes, I'm one of those wacky insane people who takes more offense to the mockery of science and blatant dishonesty, than they do to profanity and sex.

Of course what I said is harsh. I find the people who try to teach this shit in public schools as real science to be on par with the fucking KKK. Both of them use lies and the Bible to justify complete fucking bullshit that offends me as a human being, as it should offend everyone else with one fucking ounce of common sense.

So fuck 'em. They want to try teaching that crap in schools, I will personally bludgeon the fuckers over the head, until they come to their sense or die.

Okay, so I probably won't. :? But I really want to.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Anna wrote:Yes, I'm one of those wacky insane people who takes more offense to the mockery of science and blatant dishonesty, than they do to profanity and sex.

Of course what I said is harsh. I find the people who try to teach this shit in public schools as real science to be on par with the fucking KKK. Both of them use lies and the Bible to justify complete fucking bullshit that offends me as a human being, as it should offend everyone else with one fucking ounce of common sense.

So fuck 'em. They want to try teaching that crap in schools, I will personally bludgeon the fuckers over the head, until they come to their sense or die.

Okay, so I probably won't. :? But I really want to.
Or you could just forward the open letter to the kansas school board about the flying spagetti monster, which was written precisely to argue against it being taught in schools.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Müg wrote:Or you could just forward the open letter to the kansas school board about the flying spagetti monster, which was written precisely to argue against it being taught in schools.
Yeah, but that shit has been done already, and some people still don't get the point, so I'm thinking some good old fashion violence will make things if not better, at least more entertaining. :lol:
Quality Control Enforcer
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

ID (i refuse to use the actual words anymore) is flat out not science. It has been proved utterly and completely wrong on all 3 of its major points. It is as bad as Anna says, and I'm glad that no-ones tried to make us learn it at school, I would of murderised them.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Hey, I believe in ID, and even I don't want it taught in schools . . . just a plain bad idea. The controversy and scientific/biblical conflict will confuse students about both sides. Stick to teaching one or the other, school board.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Atilla
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Atilla »

Mjolnir wrote:Evolution and ID are completely mutually exclusive, the entire point of ID was to disprove evolution.
Untrue. While the motivation for most of those who push ID is to "disprove" evolution, they are not in fact mutually exclusive. The compromise between the two is to suggest that humanity was designed by manipulating the evolutionary process, or by setting the Earth up in such a way that humanity in its current form would arise.

Anna wrote:The next moron I see trying to plant god inside a school book, I'm going to plant a hammer upside his fucking head.
It's not planting gods in school books which is the problem. It's claiming that doing so is scientific. I am perfectly happy for ID to be taught in religion classes, but it shouldn't be taught as science because it clearly isn't.
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Atilla wrote: It's not planting gods in school books which is the problem. It's claiming that doing so is scientific. I am perfectly happy for ID to be taught in religion classes, but it shouldn't be taught as science because it clearly isn't.
mef I say that god unless your talking straight fact( as in *insert religion* did this in the name of *insert their god/god*), has no place in public schools.
Atilla
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Atilla »

I did not specify public schools, although I am not against having religion classes as an elective in state high schools. And, of course, it's only sensible to teach the basic beliefs of a variety of religions in social studies, since religion has had a great influence on human society throughout history.
wolfy
Commander
Commander

Post by wolfy »

Anna wrote:Yes, I'm one of those wacky insane people who takes more offense to the mockery of science and blatant dishonesty, than they do to profanity and sex.
I'm the same way.
Sex? fine. do what you what. I don't care as long as you arn't raping me.
Profanity? I cuss my head off too at times. It's OK to vent your emotions.

But mocking science and making up lies? THAT IS BAD AND WRONG!
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Atilla wrote:I did not specify public schools, although I am not against having religion classes as an elective in state high schools.
I don't know why we need to do that when just about every college has it.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

wolfy wrote:
I'm the same way.
Sex? fine. do what you what. I don't care as long as you arn't raping me.
Profanity? I cuss my head off too at times. It's OK to vent your emotions.

But mocking science and making up lies? THAT IS BAD AND WRONG!
W00h00, smart kid posting in the thread! :lol:
Atilla
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Atilla »

Müg wrote:
Atilla wrote:I did not specify public schools, although I am not against having religion classes as an elective in state high schools.
History is available at most universities, too, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be offered at school for those who want it. Besides, it's not like it harms anyone else - if you're not interested, don't choose it.

(I'm assuming that's the American usage of "college" and you're referring to universities rather than independent schools.)
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Atilla wrote:
Müg wrote:
History is available at most universities, too, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be offered at school for those who want it. Besides, it's not like it harms anyone else - if you're not interested, don't choose it.
But it is offered for those who want it- It's just not payed for by the taxpayers. If it's a low interest class, why teach it at a lower school? It's unneeded education, thus it should be education you pay for. Even if it's only 20 bucks a unit like at community colleges.