MP Gaming

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Heh, I didn't realize it was a sticky. Apologies. But your post was still terrible.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

My apologies too.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Soldat : Awesome side-scrolling multiplayer shooter.

Pros: Cool game-modes, fun weapons, has singleplayer skirmish mode with fairly intelligent AI's, FREE (mostly*).

Cons: Semi-dated graphics, *some options restricted in non-registered version (the resolution being limited to 640x480 is the worst part).
What?
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by What? »

[quote="What?"] Wut. [/quote]
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Regardless of how old it is, if it's stickied, post if you have something relevant to say.
I have cover! Anyways:

Armada
http://www.armada-online.com/

Pros: Free, very open, several options for advancement, battles get intense, especially in the special games
Cons: Game still under development, rather small community, progressively longer times between leveling up.[/quote]
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Ah, AO. Wasted a few weeks on that. Even coded a small utility...

Thus ive got a few comments regarding Armada.

Very open - ...what? The game is instance based, and there can be no more than 16 people in a single instance :|

Several options for advancement - can't argue with that. You start by picking a race for your character out of the six possible, which defines what will your starting ship be. Once you reach a certain level, you can upgrade your ship to one of the two different choices. After some time, you can upgrade again. And then again. It all ultimately boils down 24 endgame ships to choose from, and will be 48 ships once the tier 4 is out. Shame its all wasted because of the moronic xp grind.

Battles get intense - sure, providing that youve just joined so that everything is new. Once you get the hang of things its all rinse and repeat. Ironically, when you're new, you stand no chance against all the other players, because the gap between newbies and pros is so huge. And you need one-two months of non-stop grind to shorten the gap, too...

Game still under development - and being developed by only two people. Who are busy anyway. And don't have time/don't care/can't be arsed to interact with community or listen to its needs and complaints. All this coupled and you get a rather raw game, with not much content to play with (there are basically 5 game areas / varieties of gameplay), thats unbalanced and with a VERY slow development cycle.

Rather small community - actually, thats a good thing, seeing as there are no mods/GM to police it and retards/assholes can happily troll around without restraint.

Longer times between leveling up - GRIND. Of the worst kind, think hardcore korean mumorpegers, but with less variety. Level cap is 40. Leveling up to 15-20 is alright, but then you hit a wall with a huge neon sign on it saying "YOU ARE MY SLAVE". Seriously, you need at least a month of hardcore grinding to actually mean something, else you're just cannon fodder for those who levelled up. And there are like, one or two varieties of this grind. The most 'economical' one revolves around killing the same monsters for 30 levels. Which in turn boils down to finding a group of people (because you can't level up on your own, at all) and leading your ship with a mouse to follow them. Thats it, you sit there and move your mouse, nothing else. Honestly, AO is the worst example of grind, ever.
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

rather surprised nobodys mentioned this : www.instantaction.com
all the games are multiplayer and they have about 7 games on their from multiple genres.
best game on there would probably be Fallen empire: Legions. (think tribes)
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Liero and it's many clones (Gusanos, OpenLiero).

Remember Worms? The fun you had blasting your friends to bits in hot-seat? And remember waiting for your turn?

Well, now the wait is over! Real-time Worms-like deathmatch, CTF and many other modes are available in Liero! Download today, and get a free... uhm... whatever.

Actually, you're better of downloading Gusanos. It's reeeeaaally moddable (there were plans for coding StarFox in it), and you can play online. For free, obviously.
Draco18s
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Draco18s »

Liero is awesome. I had so much fun with that game.
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

Bots
Pros: Fairly simple MMORPG, easy to learn controlls, and simple upgrade system.
Cons: VERY repeditive with the missions, PVP is controlled by all of the high level players, as most are, and the upgrades are...not as in depth as some would want.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Don't be flamin' me.
http://navyfield.com/"NavyField"
Pros: Very fun, free WWII-era naval battle game, involving up to 128 ships (Yes, it's that crazy), 120 levels, ships from frigates to battleships, to aircraft carriers. 4 factions. Not simplistic.

Cons: Very hard to advance after the first 30 levels without subscribing, server prone to lag. Community is not very supporting at first. Very complex (Firing angles, muzzle velocity vs. angle range)
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

I like navyfield a lot. I gave up after level 28-ish because I was unable to make the switch from the automatic targeting system to the manual. For those who don't know, the automatic is just that, the computer automatically aligns your guns and sets their angle to hit more or less where you aimed. The manual version is manual (duh) and more precise, and give a bonus to your weapons' accuracy, but is by no means simple.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

yeah, but some battleships on NY server still use auto, so it doesn't really matter. People don't care. They just don't want you to leech.
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apache1990 »

Once you have a BB, it seems easier to aim with the manual FCS. I like auto for any guns under 8" though.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

EVE Online. Anyone still play it?

I just got into it, hoping to form a player corp, and was seeing if anyone was interested.

If you haven't heard of it, it's a sci-fi multiplayer MMORPG.

PROS
Extremely vast universe
Harsh rules: PvP Anywhere, Being pod-killed (Losing your capsule) may mean losing skills.
Fun careers: Mining, manufacturing, combat, trading, diplomacy, you can do a bunch.
Interesting skill system: Skills train for you, even if you're offline. Meaning you can log on, set some skills to be trained, and log off.
Huge amount of scale: Tiny but nimble frigates up to gargantuan Titans, any size ship can be found and used.

CONS
Harsh rules: Being pod-killed (Losing your capsule) may mean losing skills, griefing happens everywhere.
Fees: Nobody wants to pay 15 dollars a month to play a game.
Griefing: Goddamn pirates just blew up my ship. Again.