Apple

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Apple

Post by derekiv »

Do you goes know if Battleships forever will run on a Mac?
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Game_boy has gotten the game to run in Ubuntu using Wine, I assume that you should be able to do the same on a mac.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

th15 wrote:Game_boy has gotten the game to run in Ubuntu using Wine, I assume that you should be able to do the same on a mac.
Wine? No clue what it is.
I'm trying to get it to run on a Mac with no internet connection useing a usb flash memory stick.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Well duh, Wine is not an Emulator.

:D.

Seriously, though; it's an open source platform allowing you to use software designed for other OSes - in the case of Mac OS this means windows.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

Darwine (Darwin (Mac OS X Core) + Wine) is not very up to date on the official website, but try this:

http://thisismyinter.net/?p=29

with whichever build. It's unofficial but at least a version that runs BF on Linux; there's a chance it will work like on Linux if you follow my instructions adapted to the Mac architecture.

I assume you have an Intel Mac? Otherwise it'll be x86 emulation of X11 emulation of Wine of BF and it won't be pretty.

--

"I'm trying to get it to run on a Mac with no internet connection useing a usb flash memory stick."

It won't work straight off for sure.

Actually, they are releasing GAME MAKER FOR MAC in Q1, so th15 will have the option (I assume) to compile to a Mac binary too.
[b]Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.[/b]