Artwork

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Oh they work now, but why is awsome.jpg listed twice?

And here's a question you may ignore:

What part of your sigs did you make that did not involve filters/premade images/text tool?
thacannon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by thacannon »

Squishy wrote:Oh they work now, but why is awsome.jpg listed twice?

And here's a question you may ignore:

What part of your sigs did you make that did not involve filters/premade images/text tool?
Thou shall answer!!! :twisted:

Filters: yes, it's used, but it's not just filters alone. (like the clouds in the second one)

Premade Images: Never used once. (unless you count lens flare, but that belongs in the filter section)

Text tools: obviously used, but then again, it is for my Sig :P.

...Ummmm brb while I edit the other post: I do not know I posted it twice >_>. You can blame Photobucket.com. :roll:
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Well, I finally built primary railguns for this thing, the only problem now is they have a ridiculously huge front profile and make the ship look ridiculous from the front. The only reason they're that tall is so they have a 40 degree elevation, and I can't figure out a way to make them shorter without limiting the guns to a 15-20 degree elevation. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to change the guns or what I should replace them with?

Edit:
I wanted to make the railguns shoot beams. Yes, I realize this is wrong, but it's oh so shiny.

Edit 2:
I just realized these were stretching the forum, so here are the links instead.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ ... unTest.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ ... nTest2.png
Last edited by Kazuael on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
EriErin
Commander
Commander

Post by EriErin »

Damn right you have some serious worshiping to do.
[quote="Anna"]Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll fuck you with a rake.[/quote]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Holy crap your ships are awesome Kazuael; lots of cannons which is just how I like it! Did you ever decide what to do with the carrier?
You should seriously try modeling some bsf ships(or ones built by members) for Homeworld 2. Can you imagine Gilgamesh trashing entire fleets in 3d?

EriErin, I really like the abstract pieces branching across and off of your last ship. Gives it an ancient alien feel.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

How did you get that beam effect? Two cylinders, with glow? Or something else?
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

EriErin wrote:Image
Where are the guns?
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Warning: Long post is long.

@EriErin:
I like the second one, the glowing bits look nice when it's in the shade. The random spikes on the first one bother me a bit but otherwise it's a neat design. Not sure how I feel about the last one, but I do like those things that I assume are engines, and if not are otherwise guns?

@jwa8402:
The main problem is that I have no idea how to UV map properly and thus no idea how to texture well, leaving all of my ships gray blocks. Also, I'm not a fan of the whole random bits sticking out for detail business that seems to be the current trend in spaceship design, but not having those bits leaves all of my ships rather low poly and flat looking. I'm trying to fix this by having some interesting outcroppings and hoping that the rest can be covered with interesting textures and bump mapping, but as I said I can't UV map for beans so that sort of stops me here. It's actually got 66 flak guns on it now along with 12 autocannons and 6 more railguns, but I need to clean it up a bit and make higher poly flak guns to replace the silly temporary ones I'm using right now.

I might redo the entire carrier since looking back at it it's not nearly as high quality as my newer stuff; I've learned a thing or two since then. As for BSF ships I might do a few eventually, but probably not until I get quite a bit better at this.

@bien4500
Yeah the beams are actually just spheres stretched really far and with lots of glow since I don't know how to use the particle tool for a fancier beam.

Edit:
Couple more pics
Here it is with all four primary guns firing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ ... est3-1.jpg

And here are the autocannons and really crappy looking flak guns.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ ... IIGuns.jpg
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

heh, the flack guns in the middle kinda look like gatling guns, their not crappy looking. The main guns look awesome but don't seem to have any sort of opening in the barrel which I assume you just haven't done yet, but it would make them look that much better.

As for the bsf ships, I found a site where they will take 3d models or drawings and make them hw2 ships but I don't want to give them any of the stock or player ships without permission and none of mine are good enough, so I guess thats on hold for now.

Anyway, hope you keep doing these; I really like em!
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

jwa8402 wrote:I found a site where they will take 3d models or drawings and make them hw2 ships
What's the site?
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

EriErin wrote:<snip>

Damn right you have some serious worshiping to do.
What did you use to make those?
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Kazuael wrote:The main problem is that I have no idea how to UV map properly and thus no idea how to texture well, leaving all of my ships gray blocks. Also, I'm not a fan of the whole random bits sticking out for detail business that seems to be the current trend in spaceship design, but not having those bits leaves all of my ships rather low poly and flat looking.
I know what you mean by that, since most of my military-esque ship designs looks horribly blocky compared to the sci-fi art you can find around. But figured I may as well pull out the stops for my game project:

At the level of detail I'm going, I don't think I'll even make it past drawing the ships for the intro movie during winter break, heh.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

The art style of your game project reminds me of the Momentum Missile Mayhem.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Very nice, Ixranin, very nice. If you ever need a coder, do tell.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I know it isnt the standard (nowhere near) of other people's stuff, but I had a mess-around in google sketch-up and here is the result: The Zenith.