What to sign a guitar with?

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Onibaku
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

What to sign a guitar with?

Post by Onibaku »

So I recently graduated high school, with all of the pomp and circumstance and all that. I got the whole yearbook thing signed, but I want something a little more special than that, since I won't see many of my classmates every again. Basically, I want as many of my friends as possible to sign my guitar before I leave for the Philippines for a month.

So I actually have two questions for you guys: What should I use to have them sign my guitar, and which guitar should I use?

My guitar list:

Ibanez RG series black
Washburn acoustic
Fender Squire Strat black
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest red

Pics of my guitars to come in about 10 mintues!
Edit: Here they are in the same order as the above list
Last edited by Onibaku on Fri May 30, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't remember giving you permission interrupt me. If you want, you can raise your hand so I can ignore you." -Mr. Tiffany
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Use the Squier. Don't wreck a decent guitar with retarded signatures.

Actually, on second thoughts any of those guitars would be fine.
[/post]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Tipp-ex will do fine.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

So, you own a few guitars, and you want to cover every square inch of one with signatures.

Well, I suppose, use a marker. Not a water-resistant one, you never know.

I want a guitar...
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

the acoustic, with a black sharpie.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Have them sign it with a hammer.

^.^
Onibaku
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Onibaku »

Anarki wrote:Have them sign it with a hammer.

^.^
*Ahem* The hammer might be a bit too permanent ya know?

I went down to an arts and crafts store, and the lady there recommended a white paint marker to sign on a black surfaces. That would work well for my Ibanez and Fender. I guess a permanent marker would do for the grain surfaces as Boba suggested. I'm thinking about staying away from the red Schecter completely, I'm not sure how well signatures work well on a metal guitar.
"I don't remember giving you permission interrupt me. If you want, you can raise your hand so I can ignore you." -Mr. Tiffany
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Why does anyone need 3 electric guitars?
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Müg wrote:Why does anyone need 3 electric guitars?
It's to do with the sound they make, guitars all sound different. I have three basses (admittedly I'm in the long-delayed process of overhauling one), but they all provide a different feel and look - it's mostly personal taste.

But more importantly, why does anyone need 3 crap guitars? Seriously, after you finish plinking about with your first guitar you start upgrading, not staying at the same level. I'm guessing the Schecter was your latest, but didn't you want to go for something a little further up market?
[/post]
Onibaku
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Onibaku »

ooo ouches! I'll take that last comment as not an ad hominem. Well of course I want better guitars, but guess who has no money? Me.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Onibaku wrote:ooo ouches! I'll take that last comment as not an ad hominem. Well of course I want better guitars, but guess who has no money? Me.
Then save up for one great guitar instead of buying 2 more mediocre ones?
Onibaku
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Onibaku »

Definitely! Guitar is a hobby for me, and I'm not planning on buying any more guitars for a while, until I have the money to buy one over $1000.

In case anyone's curious, I decided to ruin my Ibanez with the sigs of my unfamous friends. At least its sentimental value's gone up.