Battleships Forever > Halo 3

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bUttkickz0rz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bUttkickz0rz »

Arona Daal
Commander
Commander

Post by Arona Daal »

No.

(It is an excellent game, just not better than Halo 3)
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/Herumtreiber/Sprites/BeachwithTurtle.jpg[/img] by Me.
bUttkickz0rz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bUttkickz0rz »

You're an idiot, Halo 3 sucks.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Yes.

Halo 3 = overrated.
bUttkickz0rz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by bUttkickz0rz »

Stop sitting there by ur China Book in ur tan jacket and typing a long response to my post, Arona Daal
Arona Daal
Commander
Commander

Post by Arona Daal »

So... ratings mean nothing, nor does the fact that it's the top-selling 5th generation console game? Theres no way that a freeware game produced by one person (I'm not insulting Sean) can even hope to compete with a game like Halo 3. Again, I state that I have nothing against BSF, I believe it's one of the best freeware games I've ever played and Sean Chan has a great career ahead of him, and may go on (with the help of teams and multi-million dollar budgets) to make some absolutely amazing game which I have no doubt put Halo 3 to shame. Unfortunately, however, BSF does not, and I would entreat Sean Chan to state his opinions on the matter.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/Herumtreiber/Sprites/BeachwithTurtle.jpg[/img] by Me.
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

Halo 3 sucks incredible cockass.
It has good reviews because they're paid for. Remember Driver 3 and other fiascos like that. Halo 3 is more hypeware than any Apple product ever, and that's saying something.
BSF blows it out of the water easily because I would rather play BSF than any Halo.
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Ratings don't determine the actual quality of gaming. First of all, you've got to trust in the ability of the reviewer. As human beings, no matter how badly you want to do so, you will never be impartial - especialy when rating for something such as 'fun' or 'quality'. If you get a die-hard, RTS gamer who knows his stuff (as well or better than the actual reviewers) to go over Halo, it wouldn't be scoring aces in his books. Now if you choose the writer most likely to enjoy said FPS, the mark will be much higher.

Halo is also over-hyped; as such you can't quote sales as a measure of quality.

Case in point ? Rambo had a worse opening weekend than Meet the Spartans.

I agree that Halo is a good game, but it isn't what it's cracked up to be - and there are plenty of freeware games out there that are far more enjoyable than it.
Last edited by Raithah on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Tetris was programed by one person and its awesome and pure win.
Arona Daal
Commander
Commander

Post by Arona Daal »

The reason that they are freeware is because people don't want to pay for them. BSF may be one of the few exceptions (absolutely amazing game), but it's graphics, short gameplay, non-orchestral soundtrack, lack of multiplayer, and a lot of other things can not even compare to a game like Halo 3. Compared to other freeware games, BSF may be the best of the bunch.

Also, if ratings never mean anything, and you can't trust anyones opinion, there is no way to compare any games to each other. You may all be die-hard RTS fans, with a hankering for vector-looking graphics, so I can't trust your opinion at all. While this is certainly not the case, from your point of view, we must take that possibility and act accordingly, trusting no source of information.
Tetris was programed by one person and its awesome and pure win.
Back then, games were uncomplicated enough to not require multi-million dollar budgets and huge teams of designers to create amazing games.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

You mean amazing games can't be made by small teams, or even single people, today ? You mean to say, that for a game to be amazing it simply must be made to be extremely pretty and incorporate the latest in whatever technology Silicon Valley has pulled out of it's ass ?

Another reason why some excellent games out there are freeware is that people are decent beings, once in a while.

Do you want some examples ? FEAR Combat, Soldat, Cortex Command, Audiosurf, and my personal favorite that you seem to have missed, Doukutsu Monogatari.

On any one of those, I've logged more time on than Halo 3. I'll vouch that many other members here, who love FPSes, have similar lists.

Edit: Never trust information on the Internet. That is all.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
Wilbky
Captain
Captain

Post by Wilbky »

APPOLS 2 ORANCHES
FRUTES BALS NUTS CRAKERS BROWNIES I LUV IT
[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7827/ouranhostclubuserbarba9.png[/img]
[img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1041/waffleuserbaroq0.png[/img]
wolfy
Commander
Commander

Post by wolfy »

Halo 3 is made of epic failure. The only good that ever came out of Halo was the RvB series. But that had nothing to do with halo.
Transcendence and Battleships Forever are the two most addicting games (besides Supreme Commander) that i've ever played. Oblivion was almost as good as Transcendence, but it has massive crashing problems, so i got tired of having to constantly restart it.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

:|

I must restrain commenting on anything made by bethesda.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

congratulations bUttkickz0rz