Lost In The Wastes - Let's Play Fallout 3! (VLP)

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Lost In The Wastes - Let's Play Fallout 3! (VLP)

Post by Lizzie »

Do moria's quests, be good guy, disarm the megaton bomb.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Eugh. Page change. For everyone who is actually interested in this thread but only checks the most recent page, repost:
Anna wrote:First Episode is up. Unfortunately, not much happens in it, because I only really had 15 minutes to work with, and that meant I only just got to Megaton if I rushed it. Still, you get to meet the main character, and her trusty sidekick Dogmeat!

Video Link is the picture!

Now, from here on I'd like some votes one what we should do. Ideally, if we'd like to get some explosives and heavy weapons, we should do some of Moira's missions, which will give us plenty of opportunities to get grenades and mines. This video didn't show it, mostly because I was lucky and the Raiders I encountered were dumb and only had melee weapons, but guns are damn lethal with FWE installed, and we can die with only a handful of shots if something goes wrong. Makes for some interesting combat situations.

Alternatively, we could just explore a bit and get phat loot. It's ultimately up to you guys.

Also, do you want us to be good or bad or some mixture of the two? What of Megaton? It's built around an undetonated nuclear weapon. We can disarm it, or rig it to explode (from a safe distance). Both of these options have potential rewards. Which will it be?

For those curious, here's our current stats.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

Do some Moira missions, disarm the bomb. I think overall it would be nice to be well... nice.
Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

Arcalane wrote:Do Moira's quests, go get the Stick of Mole-rat Headbursting +5.

Just remember to be careful if you go to the shopping mart or wherever it is.
Agreed.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Why disarm the bomb? arm it instead.
Do the pipe repair quest first though as thats easy exp.
Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Orelius »

I say disarm the bomb. Do some of Moira's quests. It's always nice to be a good guy. For now.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Arcalane wrote:Do Moira's quests, go get the Stick of Mole-rat Headbursting +5.

Just remember to be careful if you go to the shopping mart or wherever it is.
Agreed.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Anna

Post by Anna »

I have completed the next video. Sort of. I've finished recording it. In its purely FRAPS-ised state, before conversion and editting, it's 59 minutes and 27 gigabytes. Fucking FRAPS. I'll be editting it and trimming out some completely superfluous bits, most likely, like me dicking about in the menus, and the 100% uneventful walk from Megaton to the Super-Duper Mart, and even then, it'll probably still end up being at least three videos, thanks to the 15 minute limit of videos on YouTube.

Will save that conversion/editing/subtitling shit for tomorrow, I guess. Goddamn. Fucking 27 gigabytes.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Its too bad these screen recorders won't record at a lower resolution. To save on file size.
But if you really wanna save it just run FO3 at 800x600, will still look the same once on youtube but can be bad for you playing it as 800x600 is ugly. But it cuts the file size for the raw video down majorly.
Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Orelius »

You actually can record it at half resolution and such. I've done it.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Episode 2 is up in three parts.

Part 1 of 3
Part 2 of 3
Part 3 of 3

I did the "Get Irradiated" mission of-camera after the Super-Duper Mart quest, and did some other things as well, mostly stuff that wouldn't be much fun to watch, like me running around and looting abandoned buildings. If enough people are still interested, there will be an Episode 3, but as it stands, editing and cutting up and subtitling and converting and uploading the videos is a lot of hassle, so if people aren't interested I won't waste my time.
Quality Control Enforcer