Interfaction Relations and Treaties

Private development area, away from the nimwits, retards and dithering idiots.

Er, I mean, normal users. Yeah. Those guys.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Interfaction Relations and Treaties

Post by Arcalane »

I figure I should throw this down now to avoid any future confusion, should it need to be stated for whatever reason;

We are not modelling any official form of faction relations or treaty systems. That also means we are not enforcing the terms of any treaties the players choose to form. The only limitation is that as much of the process must be handled in character as possible.

What does this mean? Nobody is forced to openly tell everyone how they feel about them. Just as with real diplomacy, you can be a two-faced bastard; tell someone lies to their face and talk dirt behind their back.

Likewise, this leaves you totally free when it comes to determining when to make or break treaties, and their terms. There are no arbiters or judges, no lawkeepers or rule enforcers. It is up to the factions to enforce the limits of their treaties - if that means jumping up and down on trespassing ships, so be it. If that means not attacking unless specifically ordered to do so or fired upon by enemy forces, so be it. If you want to share tactical or strategic information, it is up to you to do that yourself.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ