Basic Tech Tree Areas

Private development area, away from the nimwits, retards and dithering idiots.

Er, I mean, normal users. Yeah. Those guys.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Basic Tech Tree Areas

Post by Arcalane »

Self-Propelled Munitions
Rockets, Missiles, Torpedoes and other such weapons.

Kinetic Weapons
Non-self-propelled munitions; autocannons, vulcans, coilguns, railguns and such fit under this loose definition.

Directed Energy Weapons
Home of beams, bolt/pulse weapons, and such.

Sub Area: Explosive Warheads
Shared by SPM and KW, obv. -- also eventually crosses over with DEW for plasma-containment warheads and so on. Also covers 'strategic missiles' and battlefield-level nuclear weaponry.

Intrasystem Propulsion
Covers default propulsion, ion, and any other in-system travel techniques, like gravitic drives and whatnot.

Intersystem Propulsion
Covers system-to-system FTL/'nodespace drive' propulsion systems. Research here increases FA rating. Mostly a focus on technique and efficiency, rather than entirely new systems - hence no additional cost/weight/power requirements.

Modular System Development
Research to unlock the higher tiers of modular upgrades, and possibly special modules for certain structures.

Orbital Structure Analysis
Careful examination of existing Modular Orbital Structures could theoretically allow replication of them. Possibly even the development of entirely new structure types.

~~

Bluuuuh. More later. Post thoughts + etc. plz.

Take in mind this is just the basic framework stuff. No omgsuperuberdetailed or anything. I mean, we could do a fixed tree, but I don't think that would be very good from an 'encouraging diversification' PoV.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ