A few tests.

Discussion for the Next Big Thing, which is purely theoretical.
zoojoo717
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

A few tests.

Post by zoojoo717 »

Allright, i did some tests with the ships i have designed.

The main thing i have noticed is that well guarded missile ships will beat allmost any other combination.(not sure about HEL's, never used)

25925 mass

Gore class missile cruiser
Pipe class destroyer

Vs.

26530 mass

Bore class cruiser
Mess class PT boat

This didnt turn out the same as the other 3 times before, but hey. pics in the spoiler.
Spoiler!

the previous tests the missile cruiser/destroyer combo won. but this is the official tes, so yeah. sorry about the huge pic count.

Baiscally, what happnd is this. the missile cruiser(as allways) focussed on the PT boat, leaving the destroyer to attack the cruiser and PT boat.

once the PT boat was out, the cruiser took another missile salvo to finish its useless core. meanwhile, the destroyer had been attacking the cruiser. This salvo to finish the PT boat was fairly critical in the failure of the missile cruiser later.

A few salvos were fired from the MC, the first one missing being another critical factor. The cruiser then set its sights on the MC. if the destroyer had disabled the cruiser's engines, the missile cruiser might have won. But because the Bore class kept right on the nose of the Gore class it could not effectively retaliate with its missile battery. once the Gore class(MC) was gone, the destroyer was left to be killed by the cruiser. a lengthy gun battle ensued, with many missed shots.

after a few minutes, a missile salvo from the Bore class finally hit. this devastated one of the front armor plates, and stopped the destroyer in its tracks. this allowed the cruiser to put a second missile salvo and a full 30 autocannon shots into the disabled destroyer. this resulted in a catastrophic explosion and the end of the destroyer.

By the end of the battle, only the Bore class cruiser had survived. it had taken some damage, but only 1 armor plate had been completely destroyed. this was the rear ablative(20hp i think) when the destroyer had attempted to disable its engines. all other ships were KIA.

More tests coming soon.
Please check out my ships and leave a comment! :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5706&p=116436#p116436