Some rough ideas about turrets

Discussion for the Next Big Thing, which is purely theoretical.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Some rough ideas about turrets

Post by CheesyErwin »

Since turrets are still not compatible with the M2 rules, I am going to contribute some ideas...

-Say like ships can have a turret for every 3000 mass, each turret can support up to 3 (or 4?) weapons.
-The turret's driver should be unable to kill/hit for obvious reasons.
-Like every sections, it's HP is added up in the "Section HP".
-Every turret's default arc range should be 60, but can be increased by 'buying' them with certain amount of mass and power.

Any ideas?
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Some rough ideas about turrets

Post by Silverware »

Use of moving sections shouldn't be a problem, but the actual turret targeter would, that and the extra arc range for the guns on it.

I think the targeter should cost power and mass, and the turrets placed on should have their arc range stripped.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i brought this up in the shipbuilder thread a while back, and this is what i think appears to be the most logical solution:

- a turret costs the same amount as the number of firing weapons that it holds; the targeter is free
- a turret (to make the rules work) should only contain one type of weapon
- the targeter weapon should use a blank sprite to have no hitbox
- the turret sections wll have the same hp as the targeter weapon but do not contribute to the section hp (the same way sections representing engines do not)
- all weapons on the turret should be linked to the targeter (meaning that only the targeter's arc range and range has any effect)
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I would say the turret sections should be part of the hull for weight counts, that way the individual guns can be shot off or the sections can be shot off. and the hp for all counts.
but other than that the thing would work