Spaceship Design Rules v3.16

Discussion for the Next Big Thing, which is purely theoretical.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Re: Spaceship Design Rules v0.23

Post by HorseMonster »

Hyperbolic meson projectors.
Last edited by HorseMonster on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: OH NO YOU DON'T
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Arcalane wrote: Like I said, in certain cases we're using weapons that are not available to players... and obviously I can't reveal those stats to you either, since it's Top Secret NPC Stuff. ;)

Having to remember that I'm using Heavy Vulcans to refer to, I don't know, Plasma Cannons, is just more mental paperwork that I want to avoid.
Hmm, all right then, if you don't mind that you're going have to retype them every time. If that's all you need, I can just make the names editable as well.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Water_and_Wind wrote:Hmm, all right then, if you don't mind that you're going have to retype them every time.
That's fine for now.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

A big civi tanker. Not very strong at all in any respect, but then it wouldn't be would it.

At the front that isn't a sensor module, just thought maybe civi standard communication arrays mightn't be as sophisticated as the military ones.

Ed: A sort of cargo train.

Ed: Sensors ditched and train beefed up a little.
Last edited by Rugdumph on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Which just reminded me of something I meant to do; the Standard Civilian Engine can now be used on ships of up to 4000 used mass (including the engines themselves), so you can feasibly design 3000 used mass ships with three engines, or 4000 used mass with four standard engines rather than two heavy engines.

As for the ships; ditch/replace the sensor module, it looks out of place.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Civilian Racer, in racing colours.

And its' military conversion, but probably more militia than military strictly, it only has one autocannon, but is more than twice the speed and turning of the standard civi, although having the same-ish acceleration. Merely bleached out the racing colours to make it look semi scrubbed off.

Last edited by Rugdumph on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Okay Rugdump, I refrained from doing this weeks ago because it looked like you'd stopped posting ships here, but now I'm going to have to do it. Do you know what your ships look like when loaded for everyone other than yourself? This.

Spoiler!
for object __newobject1078:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\Kae_gnr-sw3\Kae_gnr-sw127.png

Press ignore to replace with '?' sprite, or abort to terminate the game.

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\sw sprites\2\Dst-swnc25.png

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\sw sprites\2\Dst-swnc11.png

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\sw sprites\2\Dst-swnc54.png

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\Kae_gnr-sw3\Kae_gnr-sw128.png

for object __newobject1079:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\sw sprites\1\Kae_msc-sw31sml.png

for object __newobject1079:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\sw sprites\1\Kae_sml-sw13.png

Do you know why? Because you decided, "bah! Who cares about the standard? Who cares where it says to put the sections, I'll just dump them in whatever folder I like. I don't give a shit if it means no one is able to load my ships!"

Which folder sections are meant to be put in is specified for a fucking reason. So people can load each others ships without this fucking bullshit. I have all of the sections your ships are made out of, but because I have them in the right fucking place instead of in the screwy folders you've put them in, your ships load up as a massive pile of fucking question marks.

So, stop posting ships in this thread until you can post ships that fucking work.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Sorry i didn't realise :? . I'm confused cause many of the sprites not working are ones i've never moved into any folder other than the proper one. I'll consult preacher's list see if i can sort it.

Ed: Ok i had one folder named incorrectly. However there are Dst-swnc sprites in those ships which are in the correct folders, but are also freaking out for you and everyone else i guess... It would of been nice to of been told before it drove anyone to snapping point.

Ed: Right i have checked and doubled checked now, so everything should be fine. However since those Dst sprites were correctly named and in the correctly named folder from the start i have no idea why they messed up as well. I'll repost the ships after i've checked that the ini file isn't messed up.

Checked the ini and it's when i very first put sw sprites in using the group arrange, then i didn't realise how specific it needed to be obviously. However it does mean that every single ship i've ever posted for download has been like this and not a single person said a word...odd but nevermind, i'll have this fixed in a while.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Rugdumph wrote:Ed: Right i have checked and doubled checked now, so everything should be fine. However since those Dst sprites were correctly named and in the correctly named folder from the start i have no idea why they messed up as well. I'll repost the ships after i've checked that the ini file isn't messed up.
Custom sprites\sw sprites\2\ is not the correct folder for DST sprites. That is where it is trying to load the sections from.
Checked the ini and it's when i very first put sw sprites in using the group arrange, then i didn't realise how specific it needed to be obviously. However it does mean that every single ship i've ever posted for download has been like this and not a single person said a word...odd but nevermind, i'll have this fixed in a while.
Almost every single ship you've posted with probably only a handful of exceptions have this problem. The reason no one has mentioned it is because barely anyone has downloaded your ships. Hell, I was the first person to download these last ones.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Yeah that does explain the lack of been told about it...And that's a folder a made to gather all the sw sprites i wanted half a year ago, which doesn't exist anymore, so i'm now surprised that it's working for me. Basically every sw style ships i've ever made that i like i'll have to remake...oh well, the punishment of the stupid.

Ed: Right fixed the ini...and one ship..., the converted racer, since it was simple as hell and the only one of the four last ones remotely worth doing.

Ed: Good job i'm not one of the decent shipbuilders or having to rebuild any good ships i've lost would be a disaster :wink:
Attachments
Meta 2 Mil Civi Racer convert.shp
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Re: Spaceship Design Rules v3.14

Post by HorseMonster »

As we are currently building the economy system I have added economic (colonisation and mining) modules to the modules list. These modules have no function in combat but are vital for making money.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Ok first things I'll post here that are actually usable...

Alpha Fast Attack Frigate:

Two HEL's, four autocannons, and two vulcans. Standard Core, 1 standard engine, 2 speed assists.
F1FA - Alpha Class Fast Attack Frigate.shp
(11.96 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
F1FA - Alpha Class Fast Attack Frigate.sb4
(13.62 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Gamma Assault Frigate:

Two repeating artillery cannons, two heavy auto's, and a heavy vulcan. Light Core, 1 standard engine.
F1AS - Gamma Class Assault Frigate.shp
(14.68 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
F1AS - Gamma Class Assault Frigate.sb4
(16.48 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Please take note of the new Step 0 rules.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Step 0, 2a updated. Minimum HP requirement is now 20, down 30 from 50.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Step 0 has a new rule, #3, which covers the use of custom weapon sprites; BFGs should look like BFGs, not peashooters, and so on and so forth. It also has a reminder about muzzle flash animations causing erratic hitbox behaviour.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ