sugestion for the economy

Discussion for the Next Big Thing, which is purely theoretical.
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

sugestion for the economy

Post by Lloyd16 »

With the ship rules falling into place, i think we need to start work on what we will use to build them. note this is a bunch of notes writen as i through of them.
currently a 100 size ship has a mass of 10k
i think we could go for (stock) 1 credit per ton of mass.
if we say 1 population(stock, 000's) gives 10 credits per turn, a pop of 1,000(stock, 000's) will give enough to build a 100 size ship(maxed, per turn)
everything is assuring standard tax rate, and no multiplier of mass to cost(might be used on more advanced tech, like a sidewinder type weapon might have 1.1x mass for that item)
fell free to shout suggestions and improvments.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

You could also factor in mining into this, ie you have to mine 10k of mass to be able to produce a 10k mass ship.

To keep it simple you could make it that any unused materials at the end of the turn is considered to be unmined.

This way you can make particular sectors much more valuable for production, this could also be modified by requiring mining craft to bring in the mass, and then you would have the need to pay their upkeep aswell.

using a mining laser, you could produce say 100 materials per turn, per laser.
with a ship with 10k mass you would require 100 turns with one mining laser. and only 10 with 10. im sure you can all figure that out.

systems could support so much mass mined a turn. or could be for so much mass overall, meaning that its a finite resource, bringing more combat into the resource heavy systems.
you could also then factor in salvaging, ie so much of the mass can be reused from destroyed ships after a battle. you could also bring freighters in, containers could then be like 20% of the mass they are to carry, and lower percentages at higher container sizes.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

There is only one resource; credits. Mining output - be it planetside or spacebound - is converted directly to funding for sanity purposes.