What is ship glow? and what is gradient ship?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Wyrgasm Games
Ensign
Ensign

What is ship glow? and what is gradient ship?

Post by Wyrgasm Games »

Is ship glow drawn additively? I also noticed that gradients option makes my ships have color even when i select full black for my ships, just what does it do?
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Re: What is ship glow? and what is gradient ship?

Post by Lukasmah »

I believe ship glow makes the sections shine in a way that I'm not sure how to describe but, well, let's just say that it looks really good on stock styled sections but for the rest you're advised to turn it off.

Gradients mess with the colours of the ship, but I'm not sure exactly how or why.

On of these two also has this weird bug that causes orange rectangles to appear around ship's cores. Forgot which one.

Don't quote me on any of that, though. I forgot many settings and options as I didn't have access to BSF in weeks and have never messed with those too much when I did.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
M123
Captain
Captain

Re: What is ship glow? and what is gradient ship?

Post by M123 »

Lukasmah wrote:Gradients mess with the colours of the ship, but I'm not sure exactly how or why.
I think it makes parts far away from the core look darker
Lukasmah wrote:On of these two also has this weird bug that causes orange rectangles to appear around ship's cores. Forgot which one.
Ship glow - set its colour to black to avoid the issue.