A public apology

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

C1RN0dump
Ensign
Ensign

A public apology

Post by C1RN0dump »

It has been about 4 years I believe. But I am SHAD0Wdump. I'm here to apologize for my out of control behavior, especially to Anna. I do not believe he deserves to be treated that way.

Pretty much I did not react very well to the concept of criticism, and I as a result effectively 'egged on' the man.

I know these posts are screened before being shown(at least I read that somewhere), so whoever does this, please at least ensure Anna gets to see.

Although I can see some potential for being re-introduced into this community, I am aware that this was in essence a ban dodge. If you feel this is unacceptable you may dispose of this account after reading this. Though I would very much appreciate being forgiven if you choose to do so.

Thank you for your time.
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Re: A public apology

Post by Zalausai »

I've approved your post. I just hope that the apology is sincere. We can only wait and see, though 4 years is more than enough time to learn a lesson.
I don't know you, so I hope that you behave yourself during your return from 'Anna Purgatory'.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
C1RN0dump
Ensign
Ensign

Post by C1RN0dump »

Interesting... I didn't know you could do that.

Well thanks. Though I'm probably going to hold off on further interaction until I get Anna's personal opinion or at least something equivalent. If he doesn't want me around I do not want to bother him with my presence.

Heh... When I said 4 years I was making a late night estimate... I think it's actually more somewhere around 6 or even 7 years.
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

There's a little link on the bottom left of the forum homepage called 'the team'. Everyone there is either a moderator or can approve posts. Just make ships or something, taking into account that you can disregard criticism if it doesn't fit the design, but people will usually help you if you tell them what you want to do with it.

Anna has probably forgotten about your transgressions by now. I've only been here a short time and he's probably seen worse in that time. (as hilarious as it was to watch)

Besides . . . Banhammers have unlimited ammo.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
C1RN0dump
Ensign
Ensign

Post by C1RN0dump »

Well alright... I've admittedly been interested in getting pointers on use of the shiny sections. So I'll probably start making something and post it up. If it ends up disappearing for any reason then alright.
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Post by Ristyo »

6 years...... that is a long time......
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I do vaguely know who you are, but its been so long that I doubt it matters. Whatever the case, welcome back. I sincerely hope that you have matured in the long time since your absence.
naysayers will be shot
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

/\ Matured like a good wine or cheese.... (inappropriate)

But with the forums a ghost-town I'm happy to see anyone who will get back on the bike (yet as Zal said, people can still get banned).
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
C1RN0dump
Ensign
Ensign

Post by C1RN0dump »

I'll admit, reading that the community behind this was dying down was kinda disheartening. It's really what got me started thinking about all of this again.

I hardly hear of BSF anywhere else. I read over my old metagame on B12 again for a little nostalgia since I was thinking about a re-design of it. So that lead me to come back here and see how things were going.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I think I remember you. Doesn't matter now. It's been too long.

Interest in this site flatlined a while ago, but there should still be a couple of choirboys around to look at spaceships should you post them.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Were just a club now since no one else comes around other than those with tastes.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The memory of BSF lives on in the Starsector forums, as using BSF is a popular tool for modding there.
naysayers will be shot