Stardrive: A sequel to BF?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

sinsaint
Cadet

Stardrive: A sequel to BF?

Post by sinsaint »

So I found this game, Stardrive, and it's pretty much everything I loved about Battleships Forever AND MORE.

Massive ships that have different modules that each have their own separate damage calculations.
Has a sweet (and easy) ship modifier. In fact, most of the higher-grade ship hulls don't even have defaults. You have to make most of your own ships.
There are tons of mods for it in case you don't like the default settings or if you like modding yourself.
It's an open-world space sim. The combat reminds me of BF but economy is a big deal.
When you play, you get to make your own race with racial bonuses or weaknesses, such as being Blind (-20% damage with cannons) or being interested in astronomy (you already know about the 20 closest planets to your solar system in the database without having to scout them). You can pick and choose what direction your race will go in. Pacifistic researchers? A race of spies that assault an enemy using espionage? Or a cybernetic race that plots to destroy everything in its path?
Build entire fleets with a push of a button. Just tell the game what you want your fleet to be consisted of, how you want your ships to be in formation and then hit Requisition and all of your planets will divide up the work for your ships automatically.

AND IT HAS SAMURAI SPACE BEARS.

If I had one gripe about the game is the lack of direct control over the space combat. It wasn't quite as fluid and personal as Battleships Forever, but in return it's your planning and ship design that carries you through your victories. Interestingly enough, you can assign a single ship to be your flagship, which you can control with the WASD keys and mouse buttons at will.

Great game, check it out.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Stardrive: A sequel to BF?

Post by CryoSleep »

is it free or paid?
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

It appears to be £24 on steam. It looks like DGW in a game but with a lot more restriction and an inferior ship building system. Comparing BSF with it, I don't think it's worth the money.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Necrontyr1998 wrote:It appears to be £24 on steam. It looks like DGW in a game but with a lot more restriction and an inferior ship building system. Comparing BSF with it, I don't think it's worth the money.
I didn't take a look at it, but honestly, I expected it would have "more restrictions and inferior ship building system", as you put it.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

General Discussion is not a place to post spam about other games. Take that shit to ETC. Or just don't do it at all, since it appears this shitty spam thread is the only damn post you made upon joining.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.