War for the Universe - Alliances

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Re: War for the Universe - Alliances

Post by Zalausai »

A weeping angel would look nice. The demonic face, not the normal one.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I think what I went with fits him better. Don't bother trying to change it, Isis. You'll regain that privilege when you've proven yourself worthy of it.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Isis
BANNED

Post by Isis »

Anna wrote:I think what I went with fits him better. Don't bother trying to change it, Isis. You'll regain that privilege when you've proven yourself worthy of it.
I actually quite like it.
And each faction in the Axes of Evil is, in and of itself, an Axis of Evil.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

No faction would ever believe itself to be evil. Ever. Even the Nazi's thought they were carrying out the will of God.
Now please, I mean PLEASE, stop soiling our nifty little setting with stupid ideas.
naysayers will be shot
Isis
BANNED

Post by Isis »

Doogie12 wrote:No faction would ever believe itself to be evil. Ever. Even the Nazi's thought they were carrying out the will of God.
Now please, I mean PLEASE, stop soiling our nifty little setting with stupid ideas.
The Troglen concepts of 'good' and 'evil' were entirely defined by visitors from space. When they began their mission, they were carrying out the will of their God, but the various explorers and such had said they were 'evil' for hating light. They still don't really understand the whole concept.
Also:
Spoiler!
A story from the Tracts of Slark, the holy text of an ancient Irken religion: First came the world, and then came the people; this happened before the world was known as Irk and the people were known as Irken. In this time, we were alone.

Next came the water, the great cold lakes; this happened before the water burned. In this time, we were no longer alone, and we were all Tallest.

Last came the god of the waters, Slark, who once ruled over us; this happened before we rose up as a unified civilization. In this time, we were no longer all Tallest, and we were virtuous.

In this time when we were virtuous, Slark filled us with pain, for the virtuous always suffer; in this time we were tied to Slark, and thus to the waters, for that was where He dwelt. When we were filled with pain, only Slark could deliver us from our suffering, so we would seek Him in the waters, and our pain would burn away, and we would die.

However, the Youngest Tallest found a way to sever our ties to the waters and to end our suffering; but our other Tallest, who were few, for we were no longer all Tallest, warned us that this way to sever the ties would turn us evil. We could either choose to be evil, or to be virtuous.

We chose to be evil; thus with the Youngest Tallest as our guide, we severed our ties to the water and to Slark, and ended our suffering. In this time, we were no longer virtuous, and we were alone.

This was when our world was named Irk, which means to annoy, to anger, and to do evil; this was when our people were named Irken, the agents of Irk, and thus the agents of evil. By shunning our god Slark, we have never had to burn in the waters to remove our pain again, for the evil, unlike the virtuous, do not feel pain.

This is why we are proud to be evil.
Replace 'water' with 'light' and you've got the gist of it.
Credit to Ckret2 over at FanFiction.net for this little snippet
Last edited by Isis on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

To say that something is evil means that it is very bad. If you faction see's itself as evil then they obviously don't believe in what they do.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Isis
BANNED

Post by Isis »

I just had an idea. How about we rename this thread to "Grown Men Arguing With a 12 Year Old Over Morals". Seriously.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Doogie12 wrote:No faction would ever believe itself to be evil. Ever. Even the Nazi's thought they were carrying out the will of God.
Things were pretty much doomed the moment everyone and their grandmother jumped on the damn bandwagon. It's only gone downhill since then. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Yes, but Isis is 12. Like it's going to understand that level of historical detail.
And also, once again, no large, organized, group of people would ever consider themselves "evil"
naysayers will be shot
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

There's a reason the system asks your age on signup. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

People. Alliances, politics, war threats and etc here please. On semi related to topic, when are Miora and SAR gonna start blasting each other? (^u ^ )
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

They've been blasting each other in the backstory, but currently it's stalemate.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I'll be Removing the Axis of Evil since Isis has been Banned from the forums and Ken still hasn't added his WFTU faction.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

/\ Well it was gonna happen sooner or later.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Kendom
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kendom »

Yes, i'm gonna post it, when I find a good computer to work in :(.
I already finished 2 ships and I'm gonna release it over time