Ships being stolen

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Ships being stolen

Post by jwa8402 »

Hey guys, just want to update you on a situation. This guy called Armored cookie is taking ship images from this forum and calling them his own.

Apparently he has been submitting ship images to this mod called the Caelus Project, over on the Starfarer forums. Senior members of the mod approached me concerned about whether I had given permission. I honestly don't recall but figured it was entirely possible that I did and forgot, plus I have no problem with it. However one of the forum members pointed out an earlier post where ArmoredCookie had posted a screenshot of my ship and claimed it as his own work, dispelling any possibility of having gotten permission.

I have been looking at this guy's posts and there are quite a few ships made with Shipmaker. Not sure, nor am I claiming, how many of them are his or other peoples. But several seem familiar so might be worth taking a look to make sure he isn't ripping anyone off.

Just to be abundantly clear: The members of Project Caelus and the related forums are in no way included in this accusation. I clarify this because the vast majority of the mod is all original work by them so I want no hint of impropriety put on them or their project. Several of them approached me very concerned and all were very apologetic and professional. I have already given permission for any work of mine that is used with credit. They have apparently fired ArmoredCookie from the mod project pending his response, although from what I saw he hasn't posted since this was brought up.

So a bit long winded for something of a non issue, but figured some of you might care.
ArmoredCookies' profile:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index ... ile;u=1638
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Ships being stolen

Post by Doogie12 »

That awkward moment when you're flattered to see someone stole your ships.
naysayers will be shot
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

The awkward moment when no-one steals your ships. :/
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Lol I know right...I was actually a bit insulted that most of the ships he copied were my crappy ones...Like robot pigeon crappy ones
jorgea
Cadet

Post by jorgea »

Thanks for the warning on this potential theft of ships
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

It was ages ago, dude. Situation has been soundly resolved, to my knowledge.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.