Ship making rules??

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Overseer
Ensign
Ensign

Ship making rules??

Post by Overseer »

I want to make sure every ship I build are equally as fair, so I was wondering if there is some sort of official ship maker rules or guidelines somewhere. If there is, a link would be great.

Thanks
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Re: Ship making rules??

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Well, uh, there's meta games and stuff, but those are tournaments. there's not really a set rule or anything. If you want, try downloading some ships from the ship maker forums and have similar classes of your ships fight the downloaded ones (ie. Cruiser Vs. a Cruiser). Then if one is significantly crazier or better, adjust accordingly. If you aren't worried about balance, just build, it doesn't really matter. you should be more specific, but I hope this helps.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Ah ha ha! Balance, whats that?

No actually the best rules to balance by are the meta 2 rules (at the bottom of the board index) They cover a fair bit of stuff like mass and energy and speed and all of that, also, if you have more time you could use vdboi's weapon calculator to make your own metagame weapons. Hope to see your ships soon!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

IIRC Vidboi's calculater wasn't actually for Meta2 weapons, but for his own tourney.
(It also wasn't all that balanced anyway.)
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I only balance against myself...and I usually just end up winging it. Aesthetics take priority to firepower. If you're especially skilled your attacks can be pretty as well.
naysayers will be shot