Mouse Navigation Problem

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

SergeantRick
Ensign
Ensign

Mouse Navigation Problem

Post by SergeantRick »

Okay, so I've downloaded Battleships Forever, but, upon opening the game, I found I was unable to reach the bottom of the game screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and the problem remained. This also happened on a school computer. The only computer this has worked on as of yet is a seven year old computer.

1 GB RAM
Intel Atom Processor N450 (1.66GHz, 512KB Cache)
Do I need anything else here?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Mouse Navigation Problem

Post by Bad Boy »

Have you tried fiddling with the resolution? If that doesn't work try enabling and disabling various things in the options menu (surfaces often causes problems, though not this one that I know of) or wait until someone else comes along with an answer.
SergeantRick
Ensign
Ensign

Post by SergeantRick »

Yeah, I have tried changing the resolution. There's only three options, and the largest is 1024x600. I have a netbook. Oh, and what do you mean by "surfaces"?

EDIT: Let me describe it a little bit more. The entire game screen shows up, but, for whatever reason, the mouse pointer refuses to "point" below a certain point. At that time, the real mouse appears at the bottom nav bar.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Does this happen in windowed mode (I assume there's one for BSF, it's been ages though so I may be wrong)?
Surfaces is an option in the options menu but this probably has nothing to do with it. You could also try reinstalling in a different directory or running it in compatibility mode or fiddling around with the settings ini and other such things, though I doubt any of those'd fix it either.
Anyway, I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what's causing this or how to fix it, I was never much good at bug solving so I guess you have to keep hoping that someone else will come along and help you out.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

The game runs at 1024x768, I'm afraid you can't see the bottom of the screen on your netbook hence the scrolling issue.

The game just doesn't support the 1024x640 screen resolution, I'm sorry :(
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
SergeantRick
Ensign
Ensign

Post by SergeantRick »

Ah, so I'm just out of luck on this one. Thanks for your attention though!
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Well you could just scroll with the keyboard or minimap.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]