Battleship Wars

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Battleship Wars

Post by Deltaflyer »

I mean of the old UCA ships against the Soviets with the Battleships up front, the Destroyers behind them and the fighters at the rear to avoid another debacle like the first fight.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Actually, I ran a couple of trials between the UCA and SU fleets. 1 battleship, 1 destroyer, and 3 of each fighter class, with the fighters placed at the rear. The SU beat the UCA each time.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

At least that was on fair terms. Im happy to lose for actual design flaws rather than lose due to stupid AI.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Hey folks! Terribly sorry about the long absence, I'm just letting you know I am still here and am going to finish this up once I get some time. Thanks!
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Finally, I've been off the forums until you came back.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Okay everypony, I've been making the PRbattleship for a while now and I've realized I'm just not cut out for it, the ships I'm making are too spammy and are too front/rear heavy. And lets not get started about assymetry.

I'm handing over the construction documents to one of my fellow PR engineers for the while, I might come out with something, but you'll probably come out with something better.

-Ship architect Kittenpillar out

-Log reopened

Right, The Martyred Huntsman command battleship has been planned out and constuction is underway, contrary to what I said earlier. You see, I have found out a very important tip I will share: mark out sectors of your ship with colour while making it and it will appear more coherent throughout.

This powerful ship is very special, for I have worked out a way to weld on stolen beams and laser repeaters create amazing laser technology and implant it onto out mighty warships. Without further ado, I present the Martyred Huntsman!
Martyred Huntsman Schematics
Martyred Huntsman Schematics
Loadout
Spoiler!
Martyred Huntsman Command Battleship

Combat:
9 Ballistic machine guns
5 Heavy missile launchers
5 Rocket pods
4 Jury rigged Reverse engineered Beamers
1 Blatantly stolen Newly researched Repeating cannon

Defence:
3 Light point defence guns
Heavy armour

Utility:
2 Heavy turbo thrusters
2 Adjustable thrusters
1 Repair bot chamber
1 United Corporations of America Advanced comms relay
Heh, heh. Yeah ... one hundred percent ours.
Pirate command battleship.zip
(38.42 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
-Ship architect Kittenpillar out
Last edited by kittenpillar100 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

^post it up anyhow, I'm terrible at actually starting the ships.
naysayers will be shot
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

This topic are to much death.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

That they are my friend, we even had full fleets. So sad.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Execute13
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Execute13 »

Hello!
After some playing around, I found that a single Fighter (within the OP's parameters) with two particle guns and a quad blaster beat every ship I put it up against. This was on normal difficulty, using Allied Flanking AI. Maybe the price of quads should be increased? I'm not sure, but this little ship beat every other one from the actual game, and all the ones I had made myself.
Also, where is the first fight video?
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Yeah, the OP last posted on these forums back on Jan. 25th and hasn't been seen since, so this died a long time ago (you might want to check the date of the last post - necro of over 7 months ago).
Execute13
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Execute13 »

Oops. Sorry. I assumed since it was on the front page that it was recent :/