Battleship Wars

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Battleship Wars

Post by Epicduck »

kittenpillar100 wrote:Some sort of silly meme to put forward the emotion he's feeling.
Dude, just make your own thread and work on your shippin' skills, they improve over time, my first ships were even worse than yours, so c'mon, you don't have to quit! :D

you seriusly?

i maked the ships for this topic i don't maked ships for first ships times but nobody accepting my ships
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Okay, time for some helpful pointers TM!
1. Try to use proper grammar and such, I'm finding it hard to understand you

2. Get a bit of practice before entering the comp, your shipbuilding skills are below par at the moment so you should probably spend some time designing your own ships.

3. Read the magical pointers on page one, I posted guidelines on how to design your ships, although your ships are loosely following it, they don't fit with the vengance

4. don't stick a huge gap down the middle, I kinda want the PR to win.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

kittenpillar100 wrote:Okay, time for some helpful pointers TM!
1. Try to use proper grammar and such, I'm finding it hard to understand you

2. Get a bit of practice before entering the comp, your shipbuilding skills are below par at the moment so you should probably spend some time designing your own ships.

3. Read the magical pointers on page one, I posted guidelines on how to design your ships, although your ships are loosely following it, they don't fit with the vengance

4. don't stick a huge gap down the middle, I kinda want the PR to win.

1 -> No.

2 -> ok thanks

3 -> i read :3

4 -> thanks again

Edite: and the ships battle how wanna record.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Enker
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Enker »

Darn, I was beaten to the creation of the PR fighters...
I had one that was supposed to be reminiscent of the Yin-Yang, and would rotate as it flew, but I couldn't figure out how to make that happen. So, I present to you, the Greater Good-class fighter:

Name: Greater Good
HP: 20
Speed: 4
Turning: 1
AI Range: 350
Accel: 0.35
Description: The Greater Good-class fighter's role is almost exactly what the name suggests. These fighters are used to defend the other three fighters in a four-craft element from the barrage of infidel fire with its five flak cannons, and provides a long-range laser with which to soften up the target before the other fighters get within range. These fighters are also able to act in a suicide role by flying in close to the enemy, and turning their flak cannons on the enemy, where these ships are able to do as much damage as possible before joining their brethren.
Number of sections: 2
Total HP: 100
Number of weapons: 6
Number of modules: 2

Weapon List:
weapon|PointMaser|180|2|3|16|1.50|5|250|20|10||-1|40|-1|100|-1|-1|-1|1|1
weapon|Laser|45|0|1|250|2|20|700|0.20|0.75||-1|35|-1|-1|-1|-1|-1|1|1

Module List:
module|ThrusterEx|0.01|0.01|0.01|0|30||0.02|0.01|0.01|16777215|10|0|-1|-1
module|ThrusterEx|0.01|0.01|0.01|0|30||0.02|0.01|0.01|16777215|10|360|-1|-1

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm working on a battleship for the People's Republic too!
Attachments
Greater Good.shp
Greater Good-class Support Fighter - The People's Republic
(2.82 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Depends if your fighter can replace the PR fighters right now. We don't want 3.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

So is anyone working on the PR battleship?
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Im not because I want it to be asymmetrical if I do it. Unfortunately my asymmetric ship-building skills aren't quite at the point where they exist yet and I have not other real defining ideas for a battleship, so someone else can handle it.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

I don't really know if I will. Maybe I will.
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

One video up. Check original post.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I don't like fighters. Specifically, those annoying ones which my battleship decided to attack whilst exposing it's flank to the Gigantic Fucking Battleship that was there.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Hm, deltaflyer, did you outfit your ships with any anti-fighter weapons?
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Nah, I thought full-on capship pew-pew would catch them in the debris. Of course, that implies that they target the bloody battleship and destroyer first.
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Damn. I don't have anti fighter weaponry. The PR and SU have anti fighter though. Idk about EU.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

It doesn't. Well, mine didnt anyway. I don't know about your Royal Guard Battleship. I know the Liverpool-Class will annihlate other ships given a lack of tachyons but no anti-fighter coverage. You might want to redesign your Battleship to accompany that, or maybe I'll take a lancet off the Liverpool-Class, but they are it's biggest ability to be honest.
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

I will accept redesigned ships -- but only if it is a previously losing team.