Battleship Wars

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Battleship Wars

Post by FM3 »

Actually, the Drunkard is a fighter killer, but I will redesign my royal guard.
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

The Royal Guard is an EU battleship, and doesn't need to be redesigned.
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

kk, but isn't it unfair the PR and SU have the anti fighter weapons?

EDIT - Delta, Can I redo the UCA destroyer?
Last edited by FM3 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

No, its our fault for forgetting that fighters exist and not putting anti-fighter weapons on them. Still, Im hoping that the Liverpool-Classes Lancet beams will strip the capships weapons before they take out our fighters.

Edit: Of course, go right ahead.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Oh, the royal guard has some anti fighter weapons I believe. The gluon works for fighters in groups, and the mini Missile can overwhelm them. And whoever gets in front of the damn thing, is more than likely dead.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Minimissiles work good against fighter swarms, its just that the UCA decided to attack the fighters before the Battleship, so it got it's sides grilled before it's deflector arrangement could come in useful.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Hm, do scatter beams work?
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Yeah. Actually if you guys want, you can change a weapons "minimum target size" so you can more directly control who it fires at. Additionally, you can change AI Range to whatever you want.
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Cool. Redesigned UCA ship is finished. Traded some defense for some firepower. Maxes out it's 225 points of power.

UCA Blue Eagle Assault Destroyer
Armament
x2 Mini Missile
x6 Blaster Gatlings
x5 Particle Cannons
x1 Scatter Beam

Designed to replace the Yorktown after the unsuccessful battle against the soviets, the UCA set off on their vengeance, trading in defense for even more firepower. But that doesn't mean it isn't defenseless. With 5 particle cannons and 6 blaster gatlings, the Blue Eagle is one of the strongest destroyers available in the UCA's arsenal.

K DOWNLOAD NOW
Attachments
UCA Blue Eagle Assault Destroyer.sb4
(21.47 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

The reason why the UCA ships targeted the fighters behind first is because the AI prioritises the closest ship. As a result, the UCA left flank got distracted by that Brigand that was spawned behind the destroyer, while the UCA battleship targeted the SU fighters on the right side as they got closer than the slower SU capships.

Oh god I just realised the Ulyanvosk has so many graphical errors argh
Ulyanovsk Assault Carrier.shp
FIXORED
(33.19 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
It's been very uncooperative when it comes to being glitch-free. Besides depthing errors with the center bay, and mirroring issues with the right outtrigger, there was also an issue when the doodads spontaneously decided to defect to the bottom of the sections that they were parented to.
Thankfully it's been fixed. Hopefully.
please be fixed for real this time

EDIT:
AI changes for Soviet ships.

Flashman's behaviour modified. Now much more aggressive.
EDIT2:
Doesn't work as well as I intended. Never mind.
Raging Bear.sb4
(28.76 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Raging Bear now moves slightly closer to put its rearmost Plasma Charges in range.

BTW IIRC min target size doesn't really work.
Last edited by calvin1211 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Hm, calvin when you say behavior is more aggresive, did you change the ai? because I put the Blue Eagle on broad side but it still goes forward for AI.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

AI range was changed. Instad of just staying at 350 range and trying to circle around enemies from there, it now charges to extremely close ranges to attack, strafes targets, and generally acts more like a fighter.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

I shall be constructing the PR battleship, unless somepony has already finished making one.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

So essentially, the Capital ships need to be spawned in front of the fighters in every battle. Im not bitter but really, I want another battle video.
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

True that, I want to see more fights :)