Battleship stratedgies

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

GreenRa
Ensign
Ensign

Battleship stratedgies

Post by GreenRa »

Thought I would just like to post and talk about any battleship stratedgies, besides learning from any of you who answer to my post, cause i just love to talk about stratedgy. Frst thoug a question: are there any good stratedgies with the arcas carrier? Because I've always had trouble with it, since it has no heavy weapons. Most say that it's used to out number your enemies with those robot drones thatt attack automatically. I'm tring to masterall the ships, but this one I just don't get. Does anyone have a suggestion?
DylanDixon
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Battleship stratedgies

Post by DylanDixon »

Step 1: Turn on spellchecker. :lol:

Step 2: Position your Arcas away from direct fire or conflict. O_O

Step 3: Assign the Arcas to attack a target but DO NOT allow it to engage in close combat. The
Arcas is designed as a long-ranged drone carrier. It lacks the firepower to fight on its own.

Step 4: You may want to produce some Defense Platforms with the Arcas's Platform Generator
module. Those little guys are equiped with a single blaster cannon and can provide small (really
small) fire support.

Step 5: The Arcas is also equiped with a Demeter Launcher. Use it to send even more
demeter drones. That ought to teach them pirates a lesson! >8)

Step 6: The Arcas is weak on its own. Get more ships.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Tips

Tip 1: Use Moira X to counter enemy demeter drones.

Tip 2: Oenone (or however it is spelled) has a Lancet Beam capable of taking down enemy turrets by phasing through their sections. However, it bounces off deflectors. There is also a unfixed glitch (this was written on January 21st 2012) that cause the Lancet laser to bounce off allied/ your own deflectors. :l

Tip 3: The Hestia Assault Destroyer is much better than Hestia Alpha. Avoid using Hestia Alpha as they are weaker in terms of firepower.

Tip 4: The Cronus is useful against new custom ships that you might want to test.

Tip 5: Do not bring Proteuses into battle. They die easily. A group of Aedons are good a taking out indivual weapons/modules/sections. Zeluses are fantastic flankers but also die quite easily. Thetis serves a similar role to the Arcas but on a much smaller scale.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▄
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
...█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░░█
░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█
░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█