various tournament proposals

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: various tournament proposals

Post by seiji09 »

Shoot, i forgot to tell you guys that my laptop's screen kinda malfunctioned so i'm gonna have it repaired over the weekend. You can take your turn now, Bad Boy ^^;
My ships aren't overpowered, they're just... Extremely Efficient! XD
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

That's a shame seiji, I hope it's not too expensive or difficult. I'll make the ship sometime tomorrow since I'm about to go to bed.

Edit: Derp just realized you never posted up your ship wakerz so unless I work of jwa's I have nothing to work off of. I can only assume you pmd it to seiji but it's probably a good idea to post it up here as well in future.
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

Ill just put the link up here from now on.
Attachments
Chainship 1i.sb4
(9.8 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Chainship 1i.shp
(8.94 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Thank you wakerz. So you know, we don't really need the shp, it's just extra time on your part to upload.

Anyway, two possible new versions. The first version looks a bit more interesting but I fear it's cut off too much expansion and too strongly set the design direction for the ship (i.e. little winglets everywhere). So I made the second version which leaves things a lot more open.
Also, a couple things to note, in place of real shading I used section overs to create brighter whites on a few places, just so it looked less bloody cluttered. Those'll probably need to be removed when it's actually coloured. Also, can we cut down on the mecha-sw sections a bit? They make everything so messy when used as space filler and I've found myself forced to prune some of them both times now (though far fewer this time around of course).

So, the ship(s). Take your pick LT:
Chainship 1i - a.png
Chainship 1i - a.png (14.58 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
Chainship 1j - a.sb4
(10.04 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Chainship 1i - b.png
Chainship 1i - b.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
Chainship 1j - b.sb4
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, thinking Shiny definitely would have been a better choice, and its still an option to restart with if this doesn't go well, but I'd say the second one.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

It saddens me to say this but under the two day limit Lactose Tolerant's turn is up. If we follow the three day limit, he has about 8 more hours to show up and build these. I'd suggest doing the latter, since he's a good ship builder.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Nothing? That sucks... Doogie you want to go ahead and take your turn and if LT shows up we can fit him in at that point?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Hectic last few days. I mainly just prettied up everything.
SMscreen0283.png
Chainship 1k.sb4
(6.52 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
naysayers will be shot
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

As I recall tetrarch didn't show last time. It's also been two days so I think you can go now kittenpillar.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Bad Boy is correct. I'll pm kittenpillar to be sure he knows.

So random question guys. Who wants to drop this one and restart with shiny sprites? It doesn't seem like people are enjoying it that much and theres alot of problems with sprite selection..Of course appropriate packs like horsemonsters and dst would be allowed too. Yes/no?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Just a suggestion, we could have this one running in the background, where anyone who wants to contribute to it can do so at any time (perhaps a time separator between any single person's additions so they don't build the whole ship) but we'll focus on a shiny one. That might turn out too complicated though.
Anyway, I'm fine with either continuing or starting anew based on whatever other people have to say.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Keep this going according to Bad Boy here, but start a new post for the shiny. This prevents complications.
naysayers will be shot
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Sorry guys, school trip in belgium, I'll try to knock something togeter soonish hopefully though.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

LT is back, not sure how the scheduling should go for this though, i.e. should he go before kp or after? Either way it's good news.

Edit: So anyone gonna do something here?
LibertyGear
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LibertyGear »

COME ON!
i liked the way this one was going
don't tell me i have to join in to keep this one up