A Tournament for Rookies and Veterans alike.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: A Tournament for Rookies and Veterans alike.

Post by Arcalane »

Kiltric wrote:That crossed my mind, but I prefer the idea of total annihilation. Regardless, the issue is two ships circling each other without firing.
The only solution to that would be larger firing arcs, I fear.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Machine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Machine »

This ship is probably going to suck, unless I broke a rule accidentally.

The Exo-arthropoda Magnabracchium Carcinus, also known as Space Crab, or simply Crab, is the most common member of the Magnabraquia (highly armored arthropod-like alien organisms found in the Perseus arm far from the galactic core). They're usually found hibernating for travel or consuming metals from asteroids, which are used to form their sturdy metallo-chitinous shells highly resistant to radiation. Even if they're usually peaceful, they're armed with several biological long range weapons, usually six, but sightings of eight or ten are not uncommon. It's a mystery how this trait, common to most of the exo-arthropods evolved, as competition is not strong between them.
Spoiler!
The TSC suspects of biological engineering done by an alien intellect, something which is quite alarming considering the supposed sightings near the pleiades and the hibernating crabs found in route to them from the crab nebula. Elimination in sight is recommended, and the fortification of the outer rim of the Orion arm is already in progress.
I haven't finished this bug yet, but I guess I'll be sending it tomorrow (actually later).
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

My entry...

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

If you don't want ship circling, ban flanking AI. :P
That makes it a bit boring though since they'll just sit there and take potshots at each other
Tetrarch
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tetrarch »

Negative normal AI range makes for interesting combat though. Two ships with negative range will joust quite well.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Except that if I recall, you also have to lower acceleration so that they will pass each other. Otherwise they will sit on top of each other turning.

Removing flanking will actually make it worse because people could just layer high hp armor in front of the core on one side. Thats why team battles are a better test.

Personally if it was that much of a problem I would go for increasing bullet speed so that even if they are flanking shots that are on target will hit.
LibertyGear
Ensign
Ensign

Post by LibertyGear »

My entry, Dark Enforcer
Last edited by LibertyGear on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

i can't wait for this thing to start!!!
FULL SPEED AHEAD
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

mato9020 wrote:i can't wait for this thing to start!!!
Perhaps you should upload your ship to me then, so that I can approve it.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Expect something covered in DST.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Submission statuses are current.

We're at the two week mark for submissions, so if you have not given me anything, your ship still needs work, or you would like more time to complete your ship, then get in touch with me. I would like to wrap things up and get on with the combat soon.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

So thanks to a pm from kiltric I'm in this now.
The Arafex - a hull I made quite a while back and gave an off the top of my head name, some hp edits and some blasters. Let's see how it does.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Submission Statuses are again current. Please check the original post to ensure that your ship is approved. Remaining submissions should be wrapped up by the end of Thursday at the latest. Since I have not heard from E-swat, I will assume he is no longer competing. I have spoken to the rest of you.

Since this is not a beauty pageant, I have not commented on appearances, however, be advised that a few ships show up as bright green on my computer. If you do not want them to look that way in the fight videos then make sure you send me a file with the colors fixed; Arafex, Blockade, and Dark Enforcer.

Tournament set up will be 1v1 round robin. Final rankings will determine who wins. In extremely close matches, the winner will be the best of three rounds. In the event of a tie, it can either stand, or if both participants prefer, a rematch with certain changes may be held. After rankings are made, a two team lineup will be assembled for one large battle.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Ship submitted.

Segeis

Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Is this still going - Or has it crashed and burned like vidboi's tournament?
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".