Game runs in a too large window

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Stimson
Ensign
Ensign

Game runs in a too large window

Post by Stimson »

I just reinstalled the game when i got my new computer on both my laptop and desktop, both run windows 7 home edition, however when i run Battleships Forever the game window is very large, so large that the top bar that normally has the name and the minimize, restore and close buttons are out of view of the screen and the bottom parts of the screen are hidden behind my taskbar or out of view of the monitor (i am using my laptops 19 inch screen and a 40 inch LCD tv for the desktop.) This makes it impossible for me to scroll the view down because the mouse is registering on the taskbar instead of the bottom area.

Any way to resize the screen so it will fit on my monitors? Running in fullscreen doesn't help still same problems occur.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: Game runs in a too large window

Post by vidboi »

what resolution are you runniong your monitor at? i'm pretty certain bsf runs at 1024x768px, which is smaller than most screen resolutions nowadays
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Stimson
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Stimson »

Im running my laptop in 1366x768, which is its highest, my desktop is 1600x900 i believe
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

When you run the game in a window, the title bar requires another 30 pixels or so of vertical screen space - this is why part of the game gets chopped off on your laptop in windowed mode.

I don't know why your desktop would have problems displaying everything, or why parts get cut off running the game in fullscreen on your laptop.
It's possible that the TV being used with your desktop is running in some sort of overscan mode (which cuts off some of the edges of the screen). There may be an option in either the settings for your TV or in the scaling settings for your graphics card that could fix this issue.