Lolwut?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

iliketosayblah
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Lolwut?

Post by iliketosayblah »

Ok, so i was testing one of the new ships I have built, and had just blown a lot of things up, when i noticed this:

(look at bottom left.)

Last time I checked the game runs at 30fps...
So...what?! I don't think this is suppost to happen, what have I done?
Attachments
lolwut.png
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: Lolwut?

Post by Kiltric »

That big button on the panel with two triangles on it is the "toggle accelerated time" button. If the program and your computer can handle it, and you don't have a lot of stuff loaded in the game, then you can run it faster than 30 fps. Perhaps you hit it by accident.
iliketosayblah
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by iliketosayblah »

Oh! Oh wow...damn, I am a dipsh*t.

Sorry for wasting your time on this pointless thread. I wasn't aware the speed up time function actually increased the framerate.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It's more like the framerate IS the speed. The game normally caps it at 30 - hitting the speed increase uncaps it, so you get a more variable speed as a result.

Just be warned that the "pause" is buggy. It was buggy when it was added, and all the new features added since have only made it even more buggy. Don't push it and expect things to behave themselves before or after you unpause. Seriously.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Indeed, regarding the pause button. I recommend either F7 to freeze the ships, or just hitting "alt" which seems to freeze everything.