BSF Tournament

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: BSF Tournament

Post by Kiltric »

800 mass? Yeah, that would then be 400 power.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

yeah, if you still want the same output you'll have to split it into more thrusters
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ok, fixed the cruiser I think, as well as a typo in the corvette's thrusters. Also adjusted some weapons sprites. Let me know if theres still a problem.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Vidboi, to clarify, for explosive weapons, "damage" in the shipmaker is to be entered in "explosion damage" in the calculator, and the "damage" in the calculator should be 0?

For all tracking weapons (missiles, torpedoes, etc.) the turnspeed, tracking, etc. in the ship maker is the guidance stat in the calculator?
Also Arc Range is to be 0, and Turning is to be 1 in the calculator? You mentioned some kind of automatic function, but that doesn't always seem to work.

Lastly, for Beams, is setting a high clip size and low duration not allowed?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Maybe I'm totally misreading or just tired but how can arc range be 0? I thought it had to be 1 so it could fire? Guess I never tried it. And I'm also confused about the explosive damage now. I balanced explosion size and damage in the calculator, but if I had left damage as 0 in the calculator the weapon would be even more broken. Plus then what would I enter as actual damage? I guess I missed some of this stuff so I'll go back and read some more.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

explosive weapons shoulod do explosive damage only, yes. the separate damage effects was intended for sabot cannon, but i removed that due to them penetrating the shield system. and anyway, explosive weapons take up a lot of mass and generally aren't overly effective (shields are generally invunerable to them)

and arc range 0 weapons work fine, and missile turnspeed/tracking is guidance, i used the latter because it seemed a pretty logical definition. the reason i want arc range 0 is because it triggers the turnspeed to always be read as 1 in the calculator (turn speed shouldn't really effect static weapons :P ) it's to stop people using a really small turn speed to break the system

and no, that would be broken. i'll accept it if the fire rate is substantially larger than the duration (e.g. 5 times longer)
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

Microbite Corvette! YAY!

Honestly, I've been distracted over the last couple days and I don't feel like running through all the scribbles in excel to find where I made those mistakes, so until then, I'm just post a fresh error-free ship. At least this way, I'll have one fleet ready.

Anyway, stats!
Spoiler!
Size-60
Mass allotment: 3600
Energy allotment:1440

Mounts-
(x2) medium mobile: 300
(x1) heavy static: 100

Weapons-
(x2) Beam Reap-eters (260 mass, 200 energy each)

Shield-
Hp:200 (200 mass/power)
Regen:6 (300 mass/power)

Thrusters-
Heavy ion thruster mounted on heavy static mount (800, mass, 400 energy)
Speed: .96
Accel: .7
Turning: 1.44

Armor: 1120

Mass used: 3340
Energy Used: 1300
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Okay, I have updated my cruiser and finished my corvette. All files, sprites, and relevant .xml's are in the download.

Let me know if there are any problems.
Attachments
Tuchax.PNG
Tuchax.PNG (18.73 KiB) Viewed 7191 times
Limatous.PNG
Limatous.PNG (4.82 KiB) Viewed 7191 times
James_Markam
Functionally Retarded

Post by James_Markam »

After Several designs (and a lack of time to build) I finally have my cruiser finished!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5572&p=118411#p118411
Image Image Image

The purge has begun...

[hr][/hr]ImageImageImageImage
[spoiler]Image
So, how do I get to the core from here?
[/spoiler]
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

James, I can't believe I didn't notice this on your corvette. The Armor statistic is the combined H.P. of all the sections, not the same one for each.

As is, you are way, way, way over mass on both of your ships. You ought to fix that.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Hey Vidboi, you haven't posted here in nearly a week, what's going on? Busy evaluating ships or was Anna's initial skepticism well founded?
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

sorry, i've got exams coming up so i'm pretty busy, i'm planning to get them done sometime later today, sorry for the delay ^^;
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Would you like some help? I finished my exams yesterday and I've got nothing to do :-P
Pyrophage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyrophage »

Oh, fixed download for both sets.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZEVHFHKA
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

So hey there uh Vid. Thread's been inactive for over a week and the first post hasn't been updated. Is this mini-tournament dying out or are you coming back?