BSF Tournament

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: BSF Tournament

Post by Bad Boy »

Anna wrote:in that fucking god awful Spore Game all of you have been sperging over
Hey, don't insult the spore game, it's basically the only activity on the forums and it's quite fun. Perhaps it's not the deepest thing ever but it's still fun. It's also quite impressive that it's still going, all the other voice inside head quest things (sorry, I'm not much of an rp person so I don't actually know the proper, specific term, if there is one, for this sort of thing) tend to die within a few weeks. And, to add to that it's basically the only thing keeping the forums at all alive. Whether this tournie thing will work out or not remains to be seen (though I hope it will) but excluding this the only thing alive is that.

OT stuff aside, if you guys are willing to wait a couple weeks til I'm done exams I can try to give this a shot.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Bad Boy wrote:
Anna wrote:in that fucking god awful Spore Game all of you have been sperging over
Hey, don't insult the spore game, it's basically the only activity on the forums and it's quite fun.
It's god awful and offends me on a deep personal level, and I'll insult it as much as I like. The only reason I haven't locked/deleted both threads is that I figure there's no point in being a killjoy.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

What if we name one of our progeny after you? We can evolve an Australian accent and...I should stop talking now huh... :lol:
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Haha, to each their own I suppose. Personally I maintain that it's not so bad, etc but you've heard that before one post up. I'd love to know what specifically about it so offends you though, it probably won't change my opinion but it might be helpful for flabort if he wants to improve it.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

it's because Anna is a bible thumping fundamentalist who beleives that evolution is heresy :P

also, kittenpillar, your ship needs a couple of corrections: the section hp is 400 too high, and you've doubled the effect of the thrusters. however, i plan to rebalance the rules slightly so you might want to wait to make the corrections

edit:
-shields now have a reduced mass cost, and the regen rate is doubled.
-power is now equal to size squared x 0.4, as cruisers were getting too little
-weapon spreadsheet slightly updated (no change to mechanics, just added a duration option for beams and set a trigger for fixed weapon turn speed) http://www.mediafire.com/?h8l766ozhtf6vce
Last edited by vidboi on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

there are two thrusters ,did I not make that clear?
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

vidboi wrote:it's because Anna is a bible thumping fundamentalist who beleives that evolution is heresy :P
No, it's because I know how evolution works and the Spore Game is so unlike evolution it makes me want to punch everyone involved in the throat.

I'm considering joining this now, actually, but I'll wait and see if it gets more entries, and also wait for vidboi to tweak the rules, since he seems inclined to do so.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

Anna wrote:
vidboi wrote:it's because Anna is a bible thumping fundamentalist who beleives that evolution is heresy :P
No, it's because I know how evolution works and the Spore Game is so unlike evolution it makes me want to punch everyone involved in the throat.

I'm considering joining this now, actually, but I'll wait and see if it gets more entries, and also wait for vidboi to tweak the rules, since he seems inclined to do so.
haha, i was only being sarcastic :P and now the rules have been slightly tweaked i feel that they're finialised and i'll leave them be
kittenpillar100 wrote:there are two thrusters ,did I not make that clear?
yes, but the speed, acceleration and turning values you gave were double the combined values for both
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

As evidenced here, vidboi's system can be used to make some pretty broken weapons.
Spoiler!

Code: Select all

-Use flashbolter or other guided AoE weapon-
HP 100
Turning 0.1
Deviation 0			
Range 800
Damage 200
Explosion Damage 200
Explosion Size 200		
Explosion Size Increase 0		
Arc Range 0.5
Firing Arc 60
Guidance 6
Fire Rate 0
Clip Size 1
Reload 999999
Bullet Speed 10
Burst 1
Duration 1

DPS 0.215439726
Effectiveness 0.456813117
Effective DPS 0.098415693
Mass 100
Power 400
This is a declawing weapon. It fires exactly one shot at the start of a battle, which should core or at least completely cripple the enemy ship. If one if not enough, add more; it's cheap enough.
May want to add a common sense clause at the very least.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Well as long as your not pointing one of them at me I don't mind. :3
I could kill one of my corvettes in one shot!

also Anna didn't you post in the spore game, you may have to punch your throat :3
:P sarcasm smile!
Last edited by kittenpillar100 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i'd expected someone to try and powergame the system by making a weapon like that only fires once, although i though i'd had most of it covered by the power limits, i guess not though. i'll add a limit on reload time to prevent that from happening as well as a common sense rule. however, explosive weapons tend to do pretty badly against shields
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Bumped the content, cruiser fixed and obeying the correct rules, corvette added.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

ok kittenpillar, i've checked it all, only a few corrections (all to do with the cruiser) so the corvette is approved
a. the shipmaker file for the cruiser is the old, unupdated model
b. the shield regen rate should be 4, not 2
c. the turning effect of the standard thrusters should be 0.13, not 0.25

thanks for being so prompt, hopefully other people will start submitting ships soon as well
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Updated, all evil bad bits removed!
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

actually it should have been 0.17, not 0.13, my mistake =/ i'll update the file for you, and the ship is approved