A question, if I may...

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

A question, if I may...

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

Hey all. It's been awhile since I last visited... I think last time I was here was 2009? At any rate, I've still played the game in my down time at college from time to time, and I thought I'd check out the forums to see what kind of new ships people were coming out with. I was surprised to see a lot of ships will full-color schemes with depth and all that... sprites that looked kinda anime-ish, or like something from an arcade SHMUP. I've been looking around here for where that all came from, but I don't seem to see anything about how that's being done. Care to help me out?
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: A question, if I may...

Post by jwa8402 »

Well not sure which ones your referring to specifically, but as far as I know pretty much everything is available in the custom content and sprites section. Kaelis is almost single-handedly responsible for most of the new sprites but of course theres others like TheShipwrightArms and Horsemonster. I suggest you start there, but if you find anything you like thats not there, or download ships that are missing sprites, let me know and I can upload it. Glad to have you back!
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

yeah, as jwa said, the sprites that most people use nowadays are kaelis' shiny sections, horsemonsters realistic sections (you'll have to search around for the the first set, the other are robobits and rocketbits) and the DST sections. they're definately a good place to start
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Here's something I can help you out with: Custom Ships is for ships, not for your questions. Your questions go in either General Discussion or Shipmaking Help. I would have thought this would be stupidly obvious, but apparently people wish to prove me wrong. Welcome back, Boba. Thank you and have a nice day.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Ignoring Cap'n Crankypants up there, basically a superfancy version of BSF came out some time after you left the forums, which has all sorts of cool stuff like new guns, custom sprite importing, and all that shit.

So in other words, make sure you're running the latest version.

Also, moving this thread to General Discussion.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Welcome back, Boba.

If you ever have trouble with the new features, feel free to get on IRC.

We're giving live tutorials to noobs and returning members.

Honest.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Anna wrote:I would have thought this would be stupidly obvious, but apparently people wish to prove me wrong. Welcome back, Boba. Thank you and have a nice day.
Yeah, I really feel welcome. Thanks. Great to be back. I'll make sure to recommend it to my friends, seeing as that the treatment really stands out and goes above and beyond.
Arcalane wrote:blahblablaaaa
Ok, thanks. This is monumentally better than what I had. Wow.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Boba Fettuccini wrote:
Anna wrote:I would have thought this would be stupidly obvious, but apparently people wish to prove me wrong. Welcome back, Boba. Thank you and have a nice day.
Yeah, I really feel welcome. Thanks. Great to be back. I'll make sure to recommend it to my friends, seeing as that the treatment really stands out and goes above and beyond.
Oh come on. How can you complain about that? Jesus Christ, that's practically downright friendly for me when someone does something that pushes my buttons. And I even said welcome back! That wasn't sarcasm, you know! I've long ago given up on using sarcasm on Wyrdysm, after realising that most of the best targets for it are too stupid to comprehend it.

:P
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Anna wrote:
Spoiler!
Boba Fettuccini wrote:
Oh come on. How can you complain about that? Jesus Christ, that's practically downright friendly for me when someone does something that pushes my buttons. And I even said welcome back! That wasn't sarcasm, you know! I've long ago given up on using sarcasm on Wyrdysm, after realising that most of the best targets for it are too stupid to comprehend it.

:P
But we love your sarcasm! Especially in giant flamewars with idiots!
naysayers will be shot
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Anna wrote:I've long ago given up on using sarcasm on Wyrdysm, after realising that most of the best targets for it are too stupid to comprehend it.
Oh, I still use it all the time.