Reviving the Community

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Reviving the Community

Post by Kal Adama »

I faithfully log in once a day, just to check if anything interesting's going on. If/when Meta2 comes out, I think we'll see a bit more activity, from the old Meta1 crowd pulling into the new game and the new Metites like me who are going to be just starting. A multiplayer-mode would make a fantastic addition, and be a great help to the Meta, as it would allow us to fight for territory and whatnot real-time, heading against an actual player, instead of just the AI, which can be frightfully stupid.-
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Maybe this color wars thing will do the trick!
Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kal Adama »

I certainly hope so Droid. It'll be fun, regardless. Although, it does seem to me like all the good shipbuilders went to the Red Hell... hehe.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Kal Adama wrote:I certainly hope so Droid. It'll be fun, regardless. Although, it does seem to me like all the good shipbuilders went to the Red Hell... hehe.
Heh, shipbuilding well or not shouldn't be that big of an influence, who knows, maybe our Blue teamis full of the tacticians and bad shipbuilders, and the redswhilst they have all the good shipbuilders, might lack tactics.

...Oh nevermind, who am I fooling but myself.
We'll see when the time comes.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kal Adama »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:
Kal Adama wrote:I certainly hope so Droid. It'll be fun, regardless. Although, it does seem to me like all the good shipbuilders went to the Red Hell... hehe.
Heh, shipbuilding well or not shouldn't be that big of an influence, who knows, maybe our Blue teamis full of the tacticians and bad shipbuilders, and the redswhilst they have all the good shipbuilders, might lack tactics.

...Oh nevermind, who am I fooling but myself.
We'll see when the time comes.
Maybe indeed... It will be fun to see.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Apart from missing mission finale and a few glaring bugs in the ship maker (gets it wrong when reading trigger laden ships), Battleship forever perfect in my book.

I am very very annoyed though that when GameMaker compiles a game, what it does is basically compiles a a GML interpreter, rather than compiling the actual GML codes itself. This leads to slow performance of the game with 1000 section ships.
A change of game engine is a daunting task, but can bring the game to a saleable level . Wouldn't you like to see a proper BSF on Steam, iPhone and whatnot.
Jay2Jay
BANNED

Post by Jay2Jay »

*Jay2Jay clears throat. "Well 1.TWO YEAR NECRO.
2. I have been quietly reading older threads to see if I could find out why BSF has been abandoned by th15 and Kaelis.
3. I WILL NOT LET THIS GAME DIE. If I have to spam EVERY FUCKING FORUM, CHAT, AND COMMENT SECTION IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD I WILL.
And I think that you should do the same. I believe BSF is worth fighting for and trust me I will fight. I am gonna see BSF have multiplayer, higher framerates, better ai, and more with or without you people. If I have to I will learn Lua and make an entire new engine from scratch for this game, give it a different name, rework the whole thing, and release it as something different, IF IT TAKES ME A LIFETIME. I swear before God and the world I WILL NOT, NO CANNOT DIE UNTIL THIS GAME HAS BEEN REVIVED. If anyone wants to help, I already thank you for your assistance, if not FINE, but I am not gonna sit quietly in the corner and watch BSF slowly wither away and die. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FUCKING TIME.

Anna Mod Edit: User was banned for this phenomenally retarded post.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU MAKING A TWO YEAR NECRO YOU STUPID FUCK!? GET THE FUCK OUT. I'm sick of your stupid shit, you're banned for three days. Let's see if you're so eager to run around breaking rules and being a pain in my fucking ass making retarded speeches when the ban is lifted.

It's been abandoned by th15 and Kaelis for multiple reasons, and BSF and these forums are more active than they have been in ages. Stop being a pain in the ass.

EDIT: If you start spamming about this game all over the internet, and I learn about it, this temp-ban will become a permanent one.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.