Learning how to code?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ramoth
Ensign
Ensign

Learning how to code?

Post by Ramoth »

I really wanna learn whatever code I need to learn so I can try making my own personal weapons and such, and I know I can't learn coding from plain experience, because I don't know where to start gaining experience. Any tips would be nice! :)
Ensign Ramoth, reporting for duty!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Learning how to code?

Post by Anna »

... How to code?

Well, if you mean adding code into the game... you... can't. You can modify existing weapon stats, turret sprites and bullet sprites via the editting tabs in Shipmaker, but you can't code your own weapons into the game or anything like that.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Ramoth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ramoth »

Wel, I mean something like making my own weapon sprite and animations and make it shoot the way I want to and such, and assign it a custom bullet sprite too. Would that be possible?
Ensign Ramoth, reporting for duty!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

... Yes.

It doesn't even require coding. It requires making an animated .gif of the weapon and it firing.

And then you follow the instructions in this FAQ which you should have already read.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.