Weapons not appearing bug

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Weapons not appearing bug

Post by Kal Adama »

Okay, so I've designed a new AsDD, the Normandy-class, and every time I try to play it on the Meta-custom or regular EXEs, the main gun and the MIRV tubes both disappear. I've tried using stock sprites, but it doesn't help. Anyone have an idea?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: Weapons not appearing bug

Post by Kiltric »

are you making the ships warp in? I know that that causes all kinds of problems with mirroring and sprites disappearing. If it isn't that, then I'm not sure what the problem is, but a re-install tends to help a lot of bugs.
Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kal Adama »

Still doesn't work. A shame. I really wanted to try out the big f****** railgun on it...
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Have you depthed the weapons using 'w' and then mirrored them? SM doesn't like that, try deleting the problem weapons, undepthing the weapons that you're mirroring to the other side and the depth them all individually.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kal Adama »

That being the problem. The depthed/mirrored machineguns still show up. The depthed, placed-after-mirroring MIRV and Autocannon do not.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Unfortunately, mirrored weapons cause all kinds of trouble.

Personally, I don't use mirror at ALL, even for sections.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.