giving up

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

rogers91
Ensign
Ensign

giving up

Post by rogers91 »

i have a laptop with windows vista. it will not load the game. i have installed and uninstalled this game 4 times using mirror sites and zip formats and still have had no luck. my computer isn't giving me any error reports. (one of the things i hate the most about vista) it just says the program has unexpectedly shut down then it says checking for solutions and closes. same thing happens with the other games on this site. this leads me to believe i officially have no idea what i am doing.
Wait... what now?
rogers91
Ensign
Ensign

Re: giving up

Post by rogers91 »

this is a message before the game would crash

failed to load the game data. file seems corrupted.

what does this mean
and how do i get the error report

i am not good with software issues
Wait... what now?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

where are you saving BSF to? I have Vista and the game works fine for me.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

this problem's come up before. it's to do with administrator settings on the programme files folder, which pretty much means that BSF can't access the files it needs to run. if you install the BSF folder within your own documents it'll work fine; i've run BSF off a memory stick on vista before
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
naxili
Ensign
Ensign

Post by naxili »

vidboi wrote:this problem's come up before. it's to do with administrator settings on the programme files folder, which pretty much means that BSF can't access the files it needs to run. if you install the BSF folder within your own documents it'll work fine; i've run BSF off a memory stick on vista before
^ That

Just put it anywhere except program files and it should work.
rogers91
Ensign
Ensign

Post by rogers91 »

thank you that worked...
Wait... what now?