MIRV Beta Release

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Son Tzu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: MIRV Beta Release

Post by Son Tzu »

Yeah, that deals with the colour error, but not the other, (unknown variable l_owner). BTW I don't think this is a mirv problem, I haven't downloaded it yet! Just using v0.90d and Kae_shn sections, HM_Rocketbits. Get lots of other errors too, I'll root through some other threads to see if I can find anyone else with the same ones.
May have found an solution to this one and some others which seem to have the same cause.
Unknown variable l_bullet
Unknown variable image_angle
Unknown variable l_owner
Unknown variable l_syshp
Unknown variable l_cm1
Basically I got a continuous stream of these related to various sections, weapons, etc. etc. These seem to be caused by saving in SM whilst trigger lines, parenting lines etc. are disabled. I was experimenting with various things to try and find the problem and noticed it didn't happen when I hadn't turned lines off. Hope this works for you too, unless you're entering your ship in limited realism in the BP in which case ignore everything I just said, there is no solution, your ship will never work :wink: . Mods, if this is posted in the wrong thread, sorry!
Don't worry chaps, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist

Some people spread happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

Just ignore errors like those unless they crash your game. I get ones like that all the time, though it's usually just from the ships in the background of the menus. Doesn't crash my game if that helps. I use BSF+MIRV.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

My goal is to build the most epic thing possible, PERIOD.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."
Son Tzu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Son Tzu »

Crash the game?!?!? No, they don't crash the game (for me), just put it in an error report loop. I could send you a log if you like, I kept pressing ignore to see where it led me. It's only a few pages long...

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

yeah, that error type tends to be because you mirrored depthed weapons (or something like that) and has nothing to do with parenting lines turned on or off. it's a general error and the best way to avoid it is to only mirror sections
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Son Tzu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Son Tzu »

vidboi, I guarantee that my errors were not due to mirroring depthed weps, 'cos I know not to do that. As I said in my previous post, when I saved with lines disabled, get error loop. When I save with lines on, no errors. No other changes at all. I'm not saying what you said couldn't happen, but it definitely didn't in my case.

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Found an interesting bug in mirv beta, maybe it affects 0.90x version as well. Allied ships' PD has a much higher chance of destroying enemy ship's missiles than the other way around (or to put it another way, enemy ships are more susceptible to missiles from allied ships). I believe the problem is with the allied ships, because the missile's interception chance is 0.15 while the allied PD guns shoot them down with nearly 100% accuracy.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I am unable to reproduce this bug locally using particle guns both on player, allied and enemy sides to shoot down incoming missiles. Both sides are having roughly equal failure attempts.

Are you testing two ships of the exact same type against each other, or different ones? It may be that the missiles on one ship have their interception values set wrong.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

What great timing for you to post the stuff regarding the particle gun in Meta2. The particle gun bullet for one of the ships I was testing was modified with a larger sprite and only allied ships use custom particle gun sprites, for some reason.

EDIT: The issue persists in the latest meta2 build. Try using my C****s and C*****e ships in the so-called "sexy" blue team forum as allied and enemy, and then vice versa, and see the difference in the number of missiles that get through the PD.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929