MIRV Beta Release

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

MIRV Beta Release

Post by Arcalane »

A branch of a branch!

THIS IS NOT A STAND-ALONE OR OFFICIAL VERSION, THIS IS A BETA RELEASE

Please don't complain to me if you unzip it in a new folder and then find out it doesn't work. It doesn't include the basic stuff to cut down the download size.

Just unzip it in your existing BSF folder (or make a new one if you want) and run the new executables.

All BSF versions
Four new weapons! One new module! One new hotkey! No crappy glowing! No knockback! Hats! ...well, okay, there aren't actually hats, but still.
Fusion Beam: A custom beam that was made for the metagame, using sprites made by Ixranin and M123. Designed for mid-long duration beams that inflict terrible amounts of damage. The Fusion Beam is powerful but inelegant.

Ion Pulse Beam: Another metagame custom, the Ion Pulse Beam uses sprites made by EriErin. It's a rapid fire beam that's a bit like a scaled up scatterbeam. Accurate but relatively weak, it can wear opponents down.

Conventional MIRV: Launches a missile that splits into several smaller missiles, even when intercepted! The default setting launches several smaller missiles out in a fairly wide arc that then home in on a single target.

Nuclear MIRV: Launches a missile that splits into several explosive missiles. The default setting is a 'shotgun' pattern with homing disabled, but homing can be enabled in custom units.

Critical Object: A module, the sole purpose of which is to violently explode when it is destroyed. Designed to allow players to simulate ammunition storage, volatile reactors, and so on and so forth. It can also be used for KKW-ship warheads. The Critical Object damages everything within it's area of effect upon detonation - both allied and friendly ships, so be careful how you use them. The size and damage of the explosion are modifyable.

Field Warp: Hit the J key and the selected ship will warp out! The process is not instantaneous, of course - the time is a minimum of 30 frames, plus the ship's size multiplied by two. For example, a Hestia, size 80, takes 190 frames to jump out, or about 6&1/3 seconds. Thus, the bigger the ship, the slower the warping out. Whilst a ship is warping out in this manner, it is completely immobilized, though it can still use it's weapons and modules. This feature has NOT been tested with the campaign mode, and will probably break the game, so I suggest avoiding that key whilst playing the campaign.

No Glow!: Hardly anyone likes it. Do you like it? Well tough luck! It's not in these versions right now. :P

No Knockback!: Ships are no longer shoved back when they lose sections!

battleshipsforever-mirv.exe - Version currently unavailable, need to do a pile of fairly tedious low-level changes first.
This version has the standard BSF-type interception behaviour. Use this version if you like lots of stuff being intercepted, even stuff that probably shouldn't be intercepted, logically speaking.

bsf-metacustom-mirv.exe
Metagame interception rules - only large, solid objects like missiles, certain artillery shells, torpedo shots, flares and suchlike can be shot down. May make PD "useless" depending on your mileage. Also means that super-rapid-fire pointbeams are no longer a perfect defense against projectile attacks.

shipmaker-mirv.exe
Shipmaker with support for the MIRV systems, 'nuff said. Fitting all the info in on the sidebars was a bit of a squeeze, but I'm sure you'll enjoy this - it's long overdue, eh? MIRVs fully support cloning, weapon stat pasting, the works.

Credits:
Me, for most of the coding, of course.
Kaelis, for giving me a hand with some bits.
EriErin, for the Pulse Beam sprites
Ixranin, Fusion Beam beam graphic
M123, Fusion Beam firing flare graphic
Aralonia, for unwittingly providing sprites for the MIRV missiles.
Freespace 2, for the Fusion Beam firing and rarely-heard loop sounds.
MechWarrior 4's PPC, for the Ion Pulse Beam firing sound.

Download Links:
Wyrdysm Download
Fixed Tachyon Error Ver.

Bug Reporting:
If the execs fling an error that is directly related to the MIRVs at you, post them here. But don't post any unrelated bugs here!

Random Screenshots:
Spoiler!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Re: MIRV Beta Release

Post by Preacher »

dear god almighty these weapons are cool and the critical object is so useful and extremely versatile

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Found and fixed a pair of bugs in enemy AI nukeMIRV+submunitions. Uploading a new version shortly.

Ed: Download is updated. Just download it again and unpack the new version.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
MuhhammedJihad
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by MuhhammedJihad »

The Critical Object could make a good mine.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Upcoming changes:

Metacustom version will have glow fully disabled and should see a performance boost as a result.

New default miniwarhead sprites;
Silver/Grey Conventional

Red Nuclear

That's it so far.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Credits:
EriErin - Pulse Beam beam, impact and firing flare graphics
Ixranin - Fusion Beam beam graphic
M123 - Fusion Beam firing flare graphic

?
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Arc, you should change the fusion beam description since the sprites were made by Ixranin as M123 pointed out.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Blargh. Yeah yeah yeah.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

I was editing the submissile interceptibility when all of a sudden it came up with an error and it just closed... Any idea what happened, or is it just an isolated incident?

Thanks.

Also, THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to test them in sandbox XD XD XD THANK YOU!!!!!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

unitedblah wrote:I was editing the submissile interceptibility when all of a sudden it came up with an error and it just closed... Any idea what happened, or is it just an isolated incident?
Of course I don't have any fucking idea I'm not fucking psychic.

Jesus.

Can't fix shit if people tell me it threw an error but not what the error was. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Errors should be saved to a log file in the folder, assuming that option is on, arca.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

th15 wrote:Errors should be saved to a log file in the folder, assuming that option is on, arca.
I know, but that doesn't help me if the error didn't occur on my end and I don't have sufficient information to replicate it.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Coming soon to missiles near you!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Missile Command crossovers BSF?

Retro FTW.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

MIRV Trails Beta Download

Minimissiles, Missiles and "MIRV Carrier" missiles (ie the missiles that launch the submunitions) all have trails now - that's in order from thinnest (minimissiles/submissiles; 0.5, missiles; 1, MIRVs; 1.5) to thickest. Nuclear MIRVs and their submissiles have yellow trails. Why? Because I say so.

Enjoy.

This follows the same glow, point defense and knockback rules as the metacustom release. No new SM needed yet.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ