Gathering of frame rate statistic

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

statistics of fps

still 30 and 20 above by testing*
15%
still 30 and 20 below by testing*
No votes
29-25
12%
24-20
12%
19-10
31%
9 or below
27%
it will shut down my computer
4%

Total votes: 26

alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Gathering of frame rate statistic

Post by alive916 »

I am gathering a statstic about fps in a situation of 20 Arcas. It simulate a situation that my dreadnaught class playable ship are in your computer. If you are interested in this experiment, do the following procedure and vote it.

I hope you do not guess the fps and vote it. I will be unhappy if you do this. :(

1. Open Battleships Forever. If your BSF is mod or not too pure, install a new one does not need too much time.

2. Ensure that the options in options are all on.

3. Go to sandbox mode.(2048x2048)

4. Let us place 20 Arcas!

5. Note down the fps and vote here.

*. If still in 30fps, double click demeter pod and choose all DPs. And then shoot in a space.

I can get the average of the size of my ships if I know the data. After that I can balance them and try to make a playable, funny, performance-balanced encounter. Thanks for your support!
STARSTRUCK

Re: Gathering of frame rate statistic

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Nice to see someone trying to make an encounter for once. Could be interesting. I'd like to see where this goes.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

ummm......I saw that most people vote 9 below......I think I should reduce my ships' size.

My signature is a core part of the commender boss ships. Hope someone will interest in it.(Well, 3 of them were posted in somewhere......)
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I am thinking something. Is 10fps acceptable from you? Do you think that a slow motion gives a strongly shocked giant scene that you will like?

In other side I mean some big battle(nomatter what in games, movies, in real or etc.) usually have a slow part that players(or watchers) can enjoy the scene much longer. Is low fps about 10 to 15 is a pros or cons?
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

I dunno if I should vote, I have pretty crappy PC.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.