Save Game?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Webster
Ensign
Ensign

Save Game?

Post by Webster »

Is one's progress in the campaign supposed to save across games? Is it automatic, or does one need to manually save (I could not find any option to do it)? I can continue, or play a skirmish and then come back and do the next campaign mission, but if I close the program and reopen it I need to start at 1.

I am running under Wine on OS X, but it is running without visible error after simply stripping graphics and sound.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: Save Game?

Post by Imaillusion »

Webster wrote:Is one's progress in the campaign supposed to save across games? Is it automatic, or does one need to manually save (I could not find any option to do it)? I can continue, or play a skirmish and then come back and do the next campaign mission, but if I close the program and reopen it I need to start at 1.

I am running under Wine on OS X, but it is running without visible error after simply stripping graphics and sound.
The campaign levels automatically save as you complete them, you don't need to manually do it. It also doesn't matter if you are changing from one difficultly level to another, so you can basically play one level at nomal difficulty for the first time, finish it, then play the next level at hard.

If, however you want to save the current progress on a level, to finish for another time, you would have to simply pause the game and keep it paused, and also leave your computer on. No inter-level save/load feature available yet.
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Webster
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Webster »

Hm. The saving progress is just not working on my platform, probably a fault of running it through Wine. Thank you.