Shipmaker stretches as opposed to grows

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Skull13
Captain
Captain

Shipmaker stretches as opposed to grows

Post by Skull13 »

I know this is probably Game Maker's fault and that there isn't much we can do, but the Ship Maker stretches in Windows 7, whereas in Windows XP, the view just grew without pixellation. Is there anything we can do about this other than run the Ship Maker in Windows XP?
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

What do you mean, exactly? Are you maximizing the window, zooming in/out, something else?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I think hes resizing the SM window, at least thats what that sounds like, and hes wrong about that if thats what he means because it stretches from its base view or room size to the window size, whether its bigger or smaller. It would only be able to resize with a fair bit of extra code, and some of its not nice to do.
But he may mean something else.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Yes. When I resize the window, the whole thing is not resized. It appeared that this wasn't the case in XP, or at least there wasn't pixellation when I did it.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I'm on XP, and it has always just stretched.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Skull13 wrote:Yes. When I resize the window, the whole thing is not resized. It appeared that this wasn't the case in XP, or at least there wasn't pixellation when I did it.
You shouldnt be resizing it in the first place, to be honest. Its an unsupported, legacy 'feature' from the days of SM3 and frankly im surprised it doesn't break things in amusing ways. In fact, i have no idea why i havent disabled it, probably because someone complained about it when i did...