"Grave yard" drove me mad, need help

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

waterway
Ensign
Ensign

"Grave yard" drove me mad, need help

Post by waterway »

This misson was so had, how could I use only 5 half-damaged ships to defeat those endless enemies ? Each time I destroyed one group, another group came out, and they were always stronger,which made me despair.
Rikkie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rikkie »

Strategy can.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Rikkie wrote:Strategy can.
Wow, way to be completely fucking useless. Coincidentially we have a rule about making stupidly short posts. Enjoy your warning.
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

Use the vessels that look most useful, like one of the battleships that seems to look like they can hold some punches, then use drones or long range weapons to support them, don't forget to have other tactics like flanking.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

The arcas would be yuo largest asset as well as the cronus
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Use Cronus for its flux projector and laser arrays, and get Moiras for their Bolt Modules. Besides, if you really can't hold it out, just play it on easy.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

Silver Swordsman wrote:Besides, if you really can't hold it out, just play it on easy.
WTG reminding me I'm an utter failure as an admiral :(

...yes, I still havent beaten Graveyard on Normal...
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Psh. I ALWAYS play on easy. Admittedly, BSF isn't a command-orientated game anymore: as you can see user ships are already much more powerful than stock ships, not to say a lot more prettier.

For Graveyard, I believe you can just charge--your ships will be replaced if they are lost--just keep massing the enemy with moiras and zeluses. In fact, once I use a Moira's Gluon bolts, I kamikaze it and get another one. Its dirty, but its actually one of the best scenarios--unlimited ships... dream on.

Solare:
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Silver Swordsman wrote:Psh. I ALWAYS play on easy. Admittedly, BSF isn't a command-orientated game anymore: as you can see user ships are already much more powerful than stock ships, not to say a lot more prettier.

For Graveyard, I believe you can just charge--your ships will be replaced if they are lost--just keep massing the enemy with moiras and zeluses. In fact, once I use a Moira's Gluon bolts, I kamikaze it and get another one. Its dirty, but its actually one of the best scenarios--unlimited ships... dream on.
I think that's Slaughterhouse, not Graveyard.

In Graveyard, try to grab all the capital ships, then go for the Morias. Most of the enemies can be taken out easily, but watch out for the ones with 4 Aegis'd sections. I personally arrange my ships in a square around the enemy warp in points.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Hard difficulty walkthough c/p'd from the long-defunct BSF wiki. Pretty much applies to any difficulty mode though.

[copypasta]
Take a Cronus. The Flux Projector can be micro'd to nullify most of the tachyon bolts, so it makes a better tank than a Peitho. Also, the beamers allow the Cronus to destroy alien armoured cruisers from the front which is a significant advantage over the other battleships available.

Capture all the destroyers. Put them in one group and the Cronus and Hong's ship in another group. Separate the destroyer group and the tanking group so that when the aliens show up, at least one of the groups is flanking the aliens. Use the superior speed and firepower of the destroyer group to take out the alien armoured cruisers/dreadnought first by flanking them, while microing the Cronus' flux projector to absorb the driver and tachyon shots. Then kill the unaegised ships. Repeat for all the waves; on hard difficulty the transport has 600 HP so it is harder to accidentally kill it.
[/copypasta]

The key to flux micro is to assign a hotkey to the flux projector module itself.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Finally, tips from the pros that step over the crap advice I give. Thank you. (Not trying to be sarcastic)

Hold, I have a question myself--how do you assign a hotkey for flux? And, is there a way to change the color? Last time I tried I couldn't.

Solare:
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Same way you hotkey a group of ships. Don't think you can change the colour properly.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

For my part I never used the Arcas. I boarded the Cronus and either brought in a Cronus or an Athena (can't remember which one) to beat the level.
The Cronus is good because it has a lot of health and you can use its flux projector to stop the aliens' weapons while beaming the crap out of them yourself.
Not that I'm an expert, it's just my two cents. Try it if other strategies don't work.

P.S.: That level drove me crazy too. Took like ten tries to beat it the first time.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Water_and_Wind wrote:[copypasta]
Take a Cronus. The Flux Projector can be micro'd to nullify most of the tachyon bolts, so it makes a better tank than a Peitho. Also, the beamers allow the Cronus to destroy alien armoured cruisers from the front which is a significant advantage over the other battleships available.

Capture all the destroyers. Put them in one group and the Cronus and Hong's ship in another group. Separate the destroyer group and the tanking group so that when the aliens show up, at least one of the groups is flanking the aliens. Use the superior speed and firepower of the destroyer group to take out the alien armoured cruisers/dreadnought first by flanking them, while microing the Cronus' flux projector to absorb the driver and tachyon shots. Then kill the unaegised ships. Repeat for all the waves; on hard difficulty the transport has 600 HP so it is harder to accidentally kill it.
[/copypasta]

The key to flux micro is to assign a hotkey to the flux projector module itself.
I also used this method. What I did was complete the game on easy then did all the levels minus the boring/annoying ones on other diffculties. But yeah that strategy worked great.
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
Jackyhk
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jackyhk »

This stage was not that bad, actually. Took me 3 tries to figure out the ships I want to use. I am not much of an expert myself, but this is what I did:

Anyway, I used Hecate as starting BS (I suppose Cronus would be a great choice too, if you don't mind having 2 in your party) and added Cronus + Heista (the pick one with 2 deflectors) + a Helios and Moira (pick the one with most Turrets, duh =p) I used this combo and finished normal without any deaths. I didn't even use Flux Projector (I forgot about it actually...), as long as you move your ships around frequently so they don't over take damage (mostly destroyers, try to keep them alive when deflectors are out).

Basically at first board Cronus and 2 destroyers and wait for a bit so they can recharge some HP as you relocate your fleets behind the idling Arcas and you can use it as a shield at times (yes, enemies are stupid enough to divide attack powers on the unused ships, use that trick wisely). When you are ready board the last ship (hopefully it is the one closest to your puppet Arcas), you are good to go.

For normal ships, just blast them off with the overwhelming power of Cronus and Hecate, while keep the destroyers front and back to take some damage for the BS. Use Plasma charge as you can; you can at least use once every round of reinforcement. Also, don't forget to always kill your enemies before the timer runs out (or you can basically restart the stage, lol). Try to back up every timegap between reinforcement if you can to stay behind the puppet Arcas, or just save it for the last group, which you would want to wait for instead of you approaching them so that you can finish off their faster ships that don't have deflectors and leave the BS for the end.

Now for the deflector ships and the last battleship, what I did was I used Hong's ship as a decoy (plus another destoryer if you prefer. I used Moira and kept the other 2 to protect my BS's) Those enemies would do two thing: either 1) try to face Hong's ship, in which case you will rape their backside with Cronus, lol; or 2) try to face your main fleet, in which case you would use Hong's duo group to attack the ship from behind/side (a good opportunity for Moira Plasma rape, if avaliable). You will be surprised how much damage Hong's ship can handle, but do be careful to retreat it when it takes too much damage; Hong's ship is also quite fast.

I didn't pick Arcas because I used it on my first 3 tries and was quite unhappy with its attack power against the shielded ships. Cronus was a great choice because it had many beamers intact and that's all you really care. Protect your Cronus well (don't let it take damage, you would whether have your starting BS to take some damage) and ships will go down quickly under its beams.

Hope this help. I actually liked this stage because I practiced most micromanagement here. This stage is a lot easier in comparison to Seige, which I thought was completely stupid since Nayaga was way too fast for the ships avaliable. At the end it took me around 45 mins to finish the stupid well shielded Nayaga because our ships are too darn slow and weak to attack its back and Cronus was turtle compared to Nayaga. Maybe I just haven't explored other ship combo that would work better for that stage. But anyway.