im thinking of joining the meta game, 1 question

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

im thinking of joining the meta game, 1 question

Post by hazelwooder »

ok this is how i see it correct me if im wrong

the circle = the size of the ship (which class it is) this is also the threat rating so 200 size ship has 200 threat does this mean i can stick

4 * 50 threat weapons

2 * 100 threat weapons

20 * 10 threat weapons

all on the same ship (thats just an example im not going to go over the top)

the question i have is how is the cost of the ship in AC calculated im assuming that its the threat (size of the ship) + the threat cost of all the weapons on it

Eg. the ship above with 200 threat (size) and the weapons it has would cost 200+(50*4)+(2*100)+(20*10) = 800 AC?
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

This would be in the Fleet Command Center, this is for BSF stuff, not Metagame stuff. Also, read wherever you got this more extensively please.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Corporal Jomn wrote:This would be in the Fleet Command Center, this is for BSF stuff, not Metagame stuff. Also, read wherever you got this more extensively please.
i have been reading through it all i do understand most of the game i just need to recap afew bits im just wondering about the cost of ships, i know i need a corporate ship yard and afew designs before i can create or take a corporate ship yard. just didnt come across anything that said how costing worked.

am i right about the costing because if i am i can start making some ships to create my own alliance. can you just let me know please

also is it to the nearest whole number, nearest 5 or 10 with costing?
(i don't mind if this thread is moved or deleted after i get an answer i wasnt sure where to post it really)
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

<s>Nearest 10 I guess</s>, and do you mean corporation? You should PM Arc about this, he is the man who controls/knows everything. Also, use good grammar. All of us (or at least most of us) are at least 5th grade, or around that age or older.

Mod Edit: How many times do I have to tell you people to let me handle these things? :?
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Theoretically you could put all those weapons on your ship, yes, but that doesn't mean you can physically. There are internal space requirements to consider from an "in-game" point of view. Anything that's obviously overloaded with weapons will probably be turned down.
also is it to the nearest whole number, nearest 5 or 10 with costing?
Nearest five. Examples; between 10.01 and 12.49, round to 10. Between 12.50 and 14.99, round to 15.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

He meant the cost of the ship, not the threat rating I think.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Ah. For cost, the hull threat is tripled first, then you add on the guns.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Arcalane wrote:Ah. For cost, the hull threat is tripled first, then you add on the guns.
thanks i will get to work on a fleet then, guess this will be a good way of balancing it aswell.

the HP of the ship what do i base that on. is it the threat rate of the ship * X amount?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Nope. Ship specs are largely a matter of what seems about right. A fast-attack destroyer will have less hp than an armoured one, but better handling, and vice versa.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Arcalane wrote:Nope. Ship specs are largely a matter of what seems about right. A fast-attack destroyer will have less hp than an armoured one, but better handling, and vice versa.
thanks, you can close this now if you want.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

You can always use the Requisition Catalogue thread to get a idea of what the standard health and speeds are going at.

As for costs, we have someone making sure that it correctly reflects the design, but you should always make sure you have them correct the first time so Admirals and Mercenaries can obtain sooner.