collaborative ship design

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

thanto_
Commander
Commander

collaborative ship design

Post by thanto_ »

I like the idea of collaborative ship design, but I think the chain-ship project is a little problematic, because there are just too many chefs in the kitchen, so to speak.

So, what I was thinking was, why not try a small competition for small team ship-building? Each team would build a sort of mini-chain ship - each person contributes a different thing, whether overall ship design, coloring, details, armament, or triggers. It doesn't have to be 5-man teams, necessarily, but each person on a team should bring a specialty.

What do you think?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Its just mini chainships.
Same as an idea that came up in the chainship thread.
So meh.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Really? I don't remember that. I briefly skimmed through the sign-ups and the main thread, and I didn't see anything about it. I've been following the pseudo-chainship thread pretty well, and I didn't see anything about it there either.

Even if we don't do a full blown competition, I'd like to do some sort of collaborative work of some sort. I'm really not good at section work or overall ship design, but I know triggers and turrets.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

So basically a Beauty Pageant and mini Chainship rolled into one? I like it.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

That's exactly what I was thinking of, actually. That's one of the things that made me think of this. There were some ships that had really good form, but no triggers. Then there were some ships with really interesting triggers, but boring shape. Things like that. Think of what we could do if we collaborated a little (without overdoing it like in the chainship project)
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

Where do we sign up?
Can we assemble our own building teams?
if so anyone wanna join my team?
and if you need a judge....
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Well, for now, I think maybe assemble your own, but it might also be fun to mix things up a bit and do random assigning. So, just sign here for now. I'll see where we're at tomorrow and set up deadlines, etc. if there's reasonable interest.

EDIT: hmm. so much for reasonable interest.
Rikkie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rikkie »

I'm interested. :>