Heaven... in 2d form

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Heaven... in 2d form

Post by Kazutek »

Hello, newbie here, don't mind the just-turned-rabid-fan madtalk I'm now prone to doing atm, just wanted to say THANK YOU for this game.

A bit of history for those who are bored and/or want to read on the poor sod's poor attempts to justify the madtalk...

Ive been a sci-fi nut since Kirk and Co's adventures in syndication (re-syndication, that is, locally reshowed Star Trek TOS during the late 1980's) and found myself drawn to the ideas of space travel and so forth, yadda yadda yadda, insert Star Wars fleet battles, Death Star trench run, Star Trek movies, remake of BSG, Firefly...

Yeah, I'm a sci-fi space junkie. Got so deep into it that I even draw starships in my grade and highschool books that I owned. Still have them too.

Part and parcel of my other half is gaming, and most of it is in the idea of virtual worlds. Combining both was a love...

*proudly shows the box of X3 and X3TC on desk*

But due to my sheer ineptnes with 3d tools or programming, I could never recapture the same love I had for creating my own ships and having the imagination in throwing them into combat, imagina-pew-pew-ing to my enjoyment...

That is, till I bumped into Warring Forever. Something sparked in me of the idea that, if it was only possible to be able to make the bosses I fight and challenge myself, that little 6yrold in me would be satisfied.

Fastforward 4 years, couple of new computers, X3 and X3TC (along with the other games that make up any gamer's collection), I happened to have, in my search of funny videos on youtube to scare off some stress of the day, bumped into a video of Battleships Forever.

I was intrigued, to say the least. It warrented furthur investigation.

I then discovered claims of the ships being created by the video creator, and from some of the designs, would have to be considering the potential implications of sheer lawsuits. This immediately got my googlesense going.

I googled, and came to here, immediately downloaded, played till Siege (of which I'm stuck on), and fell in love for the 7th time in my life (lucky 7th!).

Once again, thank you. You're giving that little kid in me the tools to have a bit of innocent and mindless fun returned combined with the satisfaction of grownup thinking in space-fleet tactics and strategy.

Now if you would excuse the ramblings of a newbie, I think I should go attempt to not go ga-ga over the combat and attempt to beat Siege once again...
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Why hello there, and welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay (and make some great ships!), since it seems you're such a decent fellow.

I have to say i felt pretty much the same way when i first discovered BSF, so i certainly share the sentiment.

And thank you for this post. Its always nice to see something like this, very motivating.
jameson
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jameson »

Is siege even beatable?
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

jameson wrote:Is siege even beatable?
Not as of this moment, but it will be in the future.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858