Civilian workforce

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Civilian workforce

Post by unsunghero10 »

I'm usually a lurker, but I've noticed something.
Everybody seems to only make warships. I know it's 'Battleships' forever, but what are these battleships defending?
Sure there have been variations of the campaign craft and the occasional tanker or refinery, but where are the civilian only stations and luxury yachts? There's a lot of potential for some beautiful ships that don't have over compensation rays that make the death star cry (There's a lot of them on the database).

Oh, and asteroid colonies, needs more asteroid colonies.

Just a thought from an about to be chewed out naïve.

EDIT: Just googled tribal hugs, MY EYES, DEAR GOD NO!
Last edited by unsunghero10 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurk more
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Well, frankly, I make warships because warships are fun to make. Who wants to test their precious creation, and watch it get blown up by a leviathan or a corvette for that matter?

Also, if you want to make civilian ships and civilian stations and stuff like that, do so. But don't ask other people to do it for you. We make warships, you can make your civ ships. While you're at it, go play some Tribal Hugs.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Civilian ships and stations aren't that uncommon, when someone makes a fleet there's usually a freighter and repair ship in it.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

I think the BSF world is a largely war-ridden one, as this best fits the overall idea of the game, so there are some civilian ships around, but pretty much anything anyone puts in space needs to be armed for its own protection.